ph meter calibration?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luckybudda

Reaction score
hey everyone.. i just bought this ph meter today and i guess it needs to be calibrated. it says i need this solution get the exact ph of 7.1. it also says the probe can never dry out and it must be stored in liquid and not distilled water...so what kind of water do i use for storage and is there any other way to calibrate the meter without the solution. i appreciate everyone that answers thanks

It should say in the instructions what to use to keep your meter hydrated. How many buffer solutions do you have? If you only have one, put some in the cap and store it like that. If there are two buffer solutions, then the instructions should tell you which one to use. No, you can't calibrate it without the solution.

What brand of meter you have?

there are two calibrating solutions one is 4.0 and the other is 7.01. you would have to use either one of these solutions so you know when you stick your meter in it the 7.01 and it says 9.0 that you need to adjust the meter. most have a small screw in the back that will adjust it.

most meters i have seen have small caps that go over the probe, i usually put a few drops of de-ionized water in them to keep from drying out. also i use mine every other day to check pH so it never really dries out.

its a milwaukee ph51 its says if i dont have the ma9015 which is the 4.1 calibration liquid i can use bottle water and i must soak it for 12 hours. is this true? does tis mean that bottle drinking water is ata ph of 4.01? thanks

diablo_cannabis said:
there are two calibrating solutions one is 4.0 and the other is 7.01. you would have to use either one of these solutions so you know when you stick your meter in it the 7.01 and it says 9.0 that you need to adjust the meter. most have a small screw in the back that will adjust it
The above is correct, I put a few drops of ph4 in the tip and keep the tester standing upright so the probe is facing down into the solution.

You know, I forgot that I can use tap water with mine. The instructions aren't exactly clear, though. I think I can use tap water. It says not to use distilled water. It says to use buffer solution pH 4.0 or "fresh water".

Latest posts

Back