ph problems please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luckybudda

Reaction score
ok i think i might have toxic salt build up.reasons i suspect i do are when i water the plant the runoff shows a way higher ph then the original water. in order to make the runoff water to 6.5ph i must water witha ph of 3.5.so is this safe todo?should i expect to water it next time with the 3.5 ph? i just flushed thr soil with a 3.5 ph which made the runoff 6.5 with my ppms between 600-800. was this safe to do?all knowledge is appreciated thanks

ok i think i might have toxic salt build up.reasons i suspect i do are when i water the plant the runoff shows a way higher ph then the original water. in order to make the runoff water to 6.5ph i must water witha ph of 3.5.so is this safe todo?should i expect to water it next time with the 3.5 ph? i just flushed thr soil with a 3.5 ph which made the runoff 6.5 with my ppms between 600-800. was this safe to do?all knowledge is appreciated thanks

luckybudda said:
so no help from anyone?

Hello LB :)

You have to understand this site is global, just because your sitting on the forum doesnt mean everyone else is :)

First off, you do not need to keep making duplicate posts, just the 1 post, when people see it, they will reply.

If you have several posts with the same problem/question, your not going to know who answered what in which post ;)

What type of soil are you growing in?

the soil is all-mix made by bio biz. it comes pre nuted but doesnt give me the npk, just the ec level which says if im not mistaken 2.6

by the way theyve only been in the pot for about a week. could it have been from the cube it was in?

What instrument are you using to measure your PH?

What is the PH reading of your plain water?

What is the PH after you add your nutes to this water?

How old are your plants?

luckybudda said:
by the way theyve only been in the pot for about a week. could it have been from the cube it was in?

Are you saying you planted this cube in the soil?

I'm not a soil grower myself, I prefer DWC, but I would say that if you wanted to lower the PH of your soil then you would need to add water / feed that is of a lower PH than your soil.

What would be helpful, and probably why your other post hasn't been answerer as quick (although you shouldn't expect an answer right away, people may not answer if they are not sure, and there are not many people about at this time, so the person who can help you might be asleep, unless of course you would prefer a lot of 'I don't know' answers or incorrect information) is if you include more details about your situation, for example

Flower or veg (not a soil grower so not sure how much this makes a difference, but more info is better than no info)

What type of soil you are using

What the current PH is from your run off

What nutes you are using, and in what quantities

What strains you are growing ( as I understand it, some strains can be very funny about how much nutes they will prefer)

And whats happening to the plants (leaves curling, going orange with pink spots, breeding with mice) photo's are always helpfull here if you can manage them.

The more information you give the more chance you have of getting a correct response. People don't get paid to give advice, and they don't stay up all night waiting for someone to post a question, sometimes you get an answer within minutes, sometimes you have to wait a few hours, posting comments like 'so no help from anyone' will probably end up having the oposite effect to the one you want, some patience is required, people who can help will answer when they get online.

Also you only need to post in one section, not two!

ok im using a ph meter made by milwaukee i calibrated it right before i used it. i never tested the ph of the plain water only the nutrient solution which adjusted to 6.5 i then testred the runoff and it was well over 8. i started adjusting the nutrient solution lower to make the runoff 6.5. but i had to drop the ph of the nute solution to about 3.5

Dump your soil, its altering your PH.

Go and buy some UN nuted soil.

MJ needs UN nuted soil, because all your doing is adding nutes on top of the nutes in the soil that are already in it.

This causes salt build up and will kill your plant.

Mj needs NO feed for the first 3-4 weeks.

Your PH problem is caused by your soil ;)

alright im in veg 10 days in and ya i planted the cube in soil. by cube i mean the thing in the cloning tray. i am using bio-grow and vermicrop which has the beneficial bacteria which are supposed to break down the salt.
the leaves are yellow and abit stringy .he told me it was master kush but who knows.maybe a sative they were already yellow when i got them in the tray. also i can salt buildup on the stems

Latest posts

Back