ph tester buffer solution

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

str8xjagerxbongxtoker

Reaction score
i just got my milwaukee ph600 tester today. i opened the buffer solution to dial in the meter but completely SPACED out the whole bottom came off to expose the ph electrode. i dip the meter in the buffer solution that is at a 7.0 ph level to make my tester accurate with the cover on the numbers where in the 9.0 but i turned the trimmer down to read 7.0 on the meter but i had the bottom cover still on. i thought i was done with the buffer solution i spilled it out. about five mins later im testing my tap water and it reads 7.0 so i was messing with it and finly saw that the bottom piece comes off. so i test my water with the ph electrode exposed this time and the numbers are 6.1

so im wondering how i could re test my tester or where i can get another buffer solution cuz it came seprate wit my tester

HI,

You can buy a bottle of 7.0 ph reference solution at a indoor gardening/hydro store or online... An $8 bottle will last a very long time. You'll probably spill it before it's no longer useful... I always do! ;) I kept an old empty ph ref bottle and I keep it filled it about 3" with ref solution from another bottle and I and dip my electrode into it. I always rinse my electrode off before I put it in the ref solution and I reuse that 3" of solution for months and every once in a while I'll cross check the accuracy of the bottle by checking the meter in the seldom used bottle. An $8 bottle will last me for a couple years unless I spill it...

Here's an eBay link where you can order Milwaukee ph 7.0 ref solution but any brand of 7.0 calibration solution will work fine if your local hydro store carries another brand.

Paste into your browser and change the XX to tt

hXXp://cgi.ebay.com/CALIBRATION-SOLUTION--PH-7.0-milwaukee-BOTTLE_W0QQitemZ260347039796QQcmdZViewItem

Peace!:cool:

Latest posts

Back