pH tester for pools?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishboybug

Reaction score
:confused: ok, went to wally world and bought a pool test kit so i could find the pH of the tea that i made. bad thing is the chart only goes down to 6.8 (kinda orange in color). the color of my test showed a pee yellow. is there any way to know if my ph is too low with this kit? based of the other colors i would guess pee yellow would be the next step down. which would be a 6.4 or maybe a 6.2. i am growing in soil and have a cheap tester from lowe's, but when i stick it im my soil it reads a high 7. so confused!:confused:

that tester isnt gonna work if the mix your testing has any color pigment to it. ur color wont com out right.

i am growing in soil and have a cheap tester from lowe's, but when i stick it im my soil it reads a high 7. so confused!
lol mine always reads 7 too fish. :confused2: i got one the 4 in one testers taht ya stab into ya soil too but i only use it for the light meter on it and the moisture meter setting. i wouldnt ever trust the PH reading or the fertitlity reading on them testers either.
and im not the only 1 who will tell you this. ive used the ph testers ya add the drops to the water an match th color and had devastating problems due to improper oh readings. tehres too much room for flaw in them cheap testers to be honest.
and the margin of error on a decent cheaper digital one is only maybe .1point and the cheapo ones is prolly mor e like a whole 2 points grace lol

I got one from e bay for about 25 bucks including shipping and it is accurate to .1 as far as what the website said. I have checked calibration about a half dozen times over the last 6 months and the thing has been spot on each time.

zipflip said:
that tester isnt gonna work if the mix your testing has any color pigment to it. ur color wont com out right.

yeah my tea is a very light brown when i mix it with water. is there a certain type of tester i can get that will test liquid and soil. i have read on here about testing your run off, is that the best way to do it? will pH strips work if the liquid is colored? i have pH strips from work but they measure in ppm. that reading was 100ppm. yet on the back of the strips it tells you perfect ph is 7.5.

as far as the strips goes... define "do they work" they work but they aint very accurate wat so ever man.
really go on ebay an serch for digital testers. they're sum fairly cheaper ones taht are far more effective tahn teh pol ones or the strips.
but go ahead an run wit the strips an pool tester and you will see for yourself wat i along wit so many others mean by when we say them cheap testers are junk for growin mj.
but yeah, you just take ya runoff water and test that wit the digi. but i'd let some drain thru pot and dump that off and wait catc the second half the runoff. tat way your more to get an accurate reading imo.

Latest posts

Back