Pinching in flowering? opinons needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluealein56

Misderected Hostilty
Reaction score
was thinking of doing some pinching to my girls to strengthen up some of the new growth caused during the "great stretch". im getting close to being in my third week of flowering. the cannopy on the four is a little over 3 feet. i topped these a few time and did one round of pinching during veg and can really tell where it made a huge difference on those limbs

So farmers......... whats ye input on the pinch during flowering?

2 weeks in 008.JPG

wow, what a change me helping you. i read to pinch during flower your supposed to kinda roll the stem between your fingers gently until it goes soft... ill edit this when i find it again hang on.

edit: im not finding it, but i know i read it on this forum. just way too much to sift through on here hahaha. but i guess wait for me to find it or you find it, or wait for better advise. it wouldnt be cool at all to make that go hermie its too niiiice.

That's just funny, I was just talking to schoolboy about this in another thread. I don't have an answer for you but I will say that I do not pinch during flowering. During veg I pinch once every few days to a week. The reason I do it in veg is the exact reason I don't do it during flower. I would think in flower you wouldn't want to do anything to divert the plants resource from new growth. Obviously when you pinch it puts all it's new growth to fix the damage, instead of new leaves and height. You could probably do it during stretch if you had to, but i try not cause any unneeded stress once I switch the lights to 12/12.

yeah i know, i was thinking the same thing after i replied i found this hah. I did read someone did that with good results in flower, but i cant find it at all. not the pinch the roll.

cadlakmike1 said:
That's just funny, I was just talking to schoolboy about this in another thread. I don't have an answer for you but I will say that I do not pinch during flowering. During veg I pinch once every few days to a week. The reason I do it in veg is the exact reason I don't do it during flower. I would think in flower you wouldn't want to do anything to divert the plants resource from new growth. Obviously when you pinch it puts all it's new growth to fix the damage, instead of new leaves and height. You could probably do it during stretch if you had to, but i try not cause any unneeded stress once I switch the lights to 12/12.

yeah i probably wouldnt do it either way. you just dont hear too many people saying either way. and like some people top during the first parts of flowering but i wouldnt wanna do that either due to stress factors. just wanted to see what folks have to say about it.

the only reason i was even thinking about it was because on two of my indica's, the new growth from the stretch is way skinny. just worried about their ability to hold up the big buds which are beginning to swell. I know i can always tie but that just doesnt seem to appeasing to me at this time. I have enough fans in there already to sway them branches around, 4 should be enough

no need in rolling the stem either. doin so will only increase your chances of cracking the plants skin. you only want to slightly crush the inside walls of the plants stem. just a simple pinch, dont make too much of it

The absolute coolest problem ever is when your buds are so heavy the plant has troubling holding them! Think about complaining to someone about it, "Dude, my buds are so big, thick, heavy, and dank that the plant can hardly hold them." I love that problem. Tying them will fix it and cross that bridge when you get there.

lol yeah that would be nice to be able to say.

and yeah didnt think about that one, blue. but yeah makes since.

good luck on the rest of flowering though, looks nice

I pinch during the vegging, then top, let it get good and bushy.

I don't reccomend pinching stems during flowering. I tried it recently, and along with a couple other problems for *that paticular plant* a couple branches are having a hard time hydrating the cola...definately only should be done during veg. If space is the issue, just tie them down gently, it's about the only low stress thing you can do, to manage size

Latest posts

Back