plants look like S**t! Help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey man... I think you should listen to the many people repeatedly telling you to up your watering schedule... Great job breaking away from the norm to grow, but when the majority of the people tell you to do something that aren't in the mainstream, I would trust them. Especially when you are ASKING for help. You should be getting these suckers wet at least every 3-4 hours if not once an hour. Best of luck.

IMHO wait until they are rootbount to start feeding more often. If you say the rockwool is staying soaked right up until they are getting fed again, that is fine. They need to dry out A BIT for the roots to grow and search for more to drink. When the roots are coming out of the rockwool, step it up a few notches and water at least 3 or more times a day.

If I were you I'd give those things pure ph'd water and move the lights up until they get comfortable again. If you keep them stressed out the growth will be a fraction of how they should be growing.

I have a grow with some seedlings in a similar situation. I accidentally gave too much nutes and the light fell causing them all to burn and look like yours do. They're in their 3rd week and they're finally starting to take off again.

By now they should be 6" tall at least, and they're only on their 2nd set of leaves. Drop the nutes and keep the temp as low as possible, they'll recover in no time!

I run 3 separate 15 min water cycles throughout an 20 hour light (veg) cycle.

that is exactly what i meant. They were still wet up to the one watering. I have grown vegtables outdoors and have learned that overwatering causes so many problems. i will bring the lights up a bit.

question, now that i got my temp situation under control, should i go to lights on 24?

hey...here man..in the horticultural bible it says

Water when plants are half-empty of water; weigh pots to tell.

You could weigh the your cubes to figure out if they are holding enough water.. someone chime in if this is wrong..cause its on the book under the hydro section..then it starts talking about soil ??
It should still be the same principal though.

Your roots should always be wet in hydro. The reason there are air pumps in the res. is to keep the water aerated. If the water isn't aerated, the roots will have issues. If the roots are left to get dry for even an hour, they will start to dye. Keep them moist all of the time!

i just did a 100% water change with only 5.8ph water. i flooded the plants to remove all the nutes. watering is now 3 times a day, 15 minutes each. temp is 75-67 water temp 65. how is this?

also i noticed some dark green matter around some of the plants. any thoughts?
how long will it take for these guys to recover?
When should i add nutes again?
superthrive any good?

Latest posts

Back