Pollen Q and A

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noodles

Reaction score
Hey everyone

Curious on how long I have until pollen is spread. I currently have a hermine 2 weeks into flowering. I have been taking off the balls and letting it grow. If I were to leave a couple of the balls on there how long does it take on average for the pollen to be able to release? Say the male flowers were reproducing starting today, how long til it would open?:rolleyes:

L:ater:cool:

well from the day they start growing out till maturity is rite around 17-21 days i believe... then they go through the process of breaking open.. kinda like a flowerbud popping open... altho when they do open up.. there is no return... MJs pollen is soooooooooo light and fluffy it isn't fit.

Thanks Kade, you answered all my questions. Right now it is slow in producing the male pods. It looks like most of the energy is going towards the bud sites as of today. It has around 13-16 bud sites right now.

Later:cool:

I cut them all off 2 days ago and havent seen one grow back yet. There was one big cluster of 4 or something on one, then one branch had 1 or 2 and that was it. I bought some Dutch Master Reverse so hopefully I wont even need to cut them anymore.

Latest posts

Back