Potency lost during drying?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Toby

Space CowBoy
Reaction score
Hi all,
my harvested buds are drying in my shed with no light leeks and I have 2 fans on them 24hours a day for the past 2weeks, the thing is that the shed gets quite warm when the sun is shining on it and when I tried a few small buds last night and I barely got any stone off it at all, would curing bring back the goodness?:eek:
Any help appreciated
Peace
Old Toby:)

Wow... That is the exact opposite result I get. The longer they dry and cure, the more potent the bud. Some of the lat home grown I had, I found under the seat of my car. One little nug that was dried to a crisp and was sitting there for a month or so in the cooking summer heat. My initial thought was the smoke was going to be horribly lame with a couch lock high. However, after the first puff, it went straight to my brain. One of the most intense clear headed highs I have ever had.

I would definitely give it a good cure and see what it can do for potency for you. By all standards, you should be getting high. You didn't harvest early did you?

DLtoker said:
Wow... That is the exact opposite result I get. The longer they dry and cure, the more potent the bud. Some of the lat home grown I had, I found under the seat of my car. One little nug that was dried to a crisp and was sitting there for a month or so in the cooking summer heat. My initial thought was the smoke was going to be horribly lame with a couch lock high. However, after the first puff, it went straight to my brain. One of the most intense clear headed highs I have ever had.

I would definitely give it a good cure and see what it can do for potency for you. By all standards, you should be getting high. You didn't harvest early did you?

Thanks man:)
No I harvested just at the right time unless its just my tolerance has gone up or something.
The buds are very dry even crispy on the outside so i was thinking that maybe some of the good stuff might have come off the buds due to the crispyness. I might have to cure asap to put moisture back in and then start drying again.:)
What'ya reckon?

Well, if you can imagine, the bud I found under my seat was dry as can be... Yet it still wasn't brittle. Maybe I just got lucky??? Moisture content of bud I have come to find is all personal preference. I like to have mine with very little moisture because it burns best in joints. However, I know people that try to pack their pipe with it and you end up eating desert when you take a hit because the buds are easier to break up rather than buds with a little moisture in them.

Try reconstituting some moisture into some of your buds during the cure (maybe with a piece of the rind of a fruit of your preference) and have a little stay at the point you have it now during the cure. Then figure out for yourself what exactly your preference is. :smoke1:

Latest posts

Back