Power Bill?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rolln up to burn it down!

burn'n it down...
Reaction score
aight, i have never had an indoor grow but I have been considering it strongly...The only think that I am concerned about is the power bill? will it double or triple? I only plan on growing somewhere around 15 plants, I am not quite sure the light that would be needed for that but is the electricity going to play a signifigant role in a grow?

rolln up to burn it down! said:
aight, i have never had an indoor grow but I have been considering it strongly...The only think that I am concerned about is the power bill? will it double or triple? I only plan on growing somewhere around 15 plants, I am not quite sure the light that would be needed for that but is the electricity going to play a signifigant role in a grow?

Your going to have to fork over some money if you want to grow, its not going to be so much its not worth it, believe me its worth it.

To even have a guess at power costs your going to have to decide on your lighting.
Number of plants really doesnt mean much, how many square feet of grow space do you have?

Expect atleast a 5-20% increase depending on lighting..and your current bill

Go with a 600 watt light they are the most efficient. You will not see a huge difference, maybe 10 % with 1 600.

I have a whole bunch of stuff running:D and it only raised my bill about 30-40 bucks.

Yeah my electric bill jumped alittle. Not even enough to notice really though.:D

I only have a single 400w MH light running atm, on 24/7 it's raised my bill $15 maybe. a month. The upside is I have a 1k watt HPS incoming and I have a "capped" energy usage bill from my power supplier. It's a flat rate of $90 a month reguardless of useage. You may inquire with your power supplier on how to get a flat rate usage fee. Mine offers it, yours may as well.

Latest posts

Back