PPM Question??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

METALMOVER420

Reaction score
What stregnth of nute should be used switching to my dwc/drip buckets be.Im currently in rockwool using 50% bc nutes.Will be switching to gh products. Im obviously in veg state bushes are about 8 in. tall now.also how long do I leave the pumps run starting out. Also Im hand watering now. Also I have a 1000k watt hps I will be transfering to I do have a switchable ballast everything Ive read says Ill be ok using hps but I could pick up a mh today if need be. God I miss the sun. Have a happy new year MM420 and the girl.:confused: Man I say also alot IMO

I never used BC nutes, but I would keep the ppm's the same, when switching to GH. My air pump run24/7. MH is better for veg and hps for flowering but hps will work for both

There is no hard and fast rule on ppms. Some strains need a higher concentration of nutes than others. I like to slowly push my nutes up until I start to get the first signs of nute burn and then back off a little.

I would run the air pump 24/7.

What size of air pump would you get or have for 8 five gallon buckets? I would like to use 1 quiet pump for all 8.

Just to let ya know any pump that pumps any amount of volume is going to make noise. With that being said. I use a 950 gal/hr 35 watt pump, that I soundproofed. The pump came with a 6 outlet air diffuser. I bought a 12 outlet for the extra outlets, I run 6 buckets and the air stones make more noise than the pump.

pcduck said:
Just to let ya know any pump that pumps any amount of volume is going to make noise. With that being said. I use a 950 gal/hr 35 watt pump, that I soundproofed. The pump came with a 6 outlet air diffuser. I bought a 12 outlet for the extra outlets, I run 6 buckets and the air stones make more noise than the pump.

What kind of pump do you have? I have a Hydro Farm Active Aqua that puts out 110L/min, so that is about 1740 gal/hr. However this pump uses 112W and is quite noisy. So my pump takes over 3 times as much power, but produces less than 2 times the amount of air--and this is a commercial air pump :eek: What did you do to soundproof your pump?

The Hemp Goddess said:
What kind of pump do you have? I have a Hydro Farm Active Aqua that puts out 110L/min, so that is about 1740 gal/hr. However this pump uses 112W and is quite noisy. So my pump takes over 3 times as much power, but produces less than 2 times the amount of air--and this is a commercial air pump :eek: What did you do to soundproof your pump?

My pump is an "EcoPlus" Commercial Air 3 has a 3.9 psi.does 60 L/min or if my math is right that's around 950 gal/hr. To sound proof it I placed it on a heavy piece of rubber inside a box that I lined with carpet. Prior to installing the carpet I drilled several 1" holes on the top and sides for some air circulation and for a piece of hose that I inserted onto the air intake. I did this in order to draw air from outside the box.

You have a nice pump, I imagine your psi is a lot higher than mine. That is probably where a lot of your noise is from.

Latest posts

Back