PPM Questions!?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helile

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Ok so im in the second week of flowering. My plant is about 2 1/2 feet tall. All the buds are coming in nice but for some reason the leaves lower at the bottom are yellowed and wilted off. It seems that its moving up the plant a little, the bigger fan leaves are getting a little yellowish tint than wither and die.:mad: My ph is about 6.0. I am going to the store to get a PPM meter but i was wondering how high the PPM meter should read? Im using Botanicare Nutrients (Power Flower and Fert). Im using a 400 watt HPS light with an ebb and flow system btw. If someone could give me a little help on how much nutrients i need to put in for these last few weeks.
Thanks Guys:D

Beverly at Night time.jpg

Beverly Early Budding.jpg

Middle Node Nite.jpg

You should be in the 1300-1500 range for ppms. Your plants are looking good to me! Some yellowing is just normal in flowering. As long as you're staying on the proper feeding schedule I wouldn't worry about it. Although I don't have any experience with Botanicare nutes. Good luck!

Thanks alot man!!
I was also wondering something else... im getting ready to start on my second grow and on this first one i dident use a PPM meter. The plants arent done yet but there close and ive just basically eye balled it the whole time and my plants are beautiful. So the question is, could you give me the PPM amounts that im going to need from the time i put my plants into my system to the time i harvest.
For example:
At 2 weeks you need 600 PPM reading
At 4 weeks you need 800 PPM reading
ect.
Or if you cant do this but you could point me into the right direction so i can come to that conclusion on my own that would be great.
STONEY BUD...... where are you!!
Thanks

Helile said:
Thanks alot man!!
I was also wondering something else... im getting ready to start on my second grow and on this first one i dident use a PPM meter. The plants arent done yet but there close and ive just basically eye balled it the whole time and my plants are beautiful. So the question is, could you give me the PPM amounts that im going to need from the time i put my plants into my system to the time i harvest.
For example:
At 2 weeks you need 600 PPM reading
At 4 weeks you need 800 PPM reading
ect.
Or if you cant do this but you could point me into the right direction so i can come to that conclusion on my own that would be great.

All I can say is in the first few weeks you want to under feed them. Start out with 1/4 strength of what the bottle recommends for reciruculating hydronponic systems and go up from there. Its all going to depend on what strain you're growing. Just keep a close watch on the tips of the leaves and if they start to turn dead, pour some plain water in there to get the nute level down.

Helile said:
STONEY BUD...... where are you!!
Thanks

I don't think he even uses a ppm meter. Check out youtube or google videos for this British guy setting up their manufactured hydroponic system. If you can find it there is something about ppms in different stages of growth. Good luck!

looking good. have you attempted a soil grow before? whats the PH at now? I assumed 6.0 was where you wanted it in hydro systems???

:D No i havent tried a soil grow before. My buddy was actually going to bring over 3 plants that were in soil and just have me feed them by hand. I think on my next one i will have a combination of hydro and soil. And the PH in my system is about 6.2 atm.

hi I am new to useing bubbly systems and course that is what I have.

I am wondering if anyone has seen a good post on PPM's. I have never gone hydro before.

Mahalo

Latest posts

Back