ppm questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daf

up in smoke!!!
Reaction score
e&f feed 4 times a day 15min each cycle. super lemon haze trees , having issues with my lower leaves turning yellow and tips turning brown. using ff nutes my ph is between 5.7 and 6.1 at most. my tap water is 220ppm ,after my first week raised my ppm to 550 then 2 second week raised it to 725ppm i dont know what is the issue with the lower leaves still turnign yellow, my room is at 75 deg. using 4lamp t5 . i also noticed that using the big bloom leaves the bottom of my reservoir very dirty. how should i count the ppms with the tap water and nutes total or just the total ppm after nutes with out tap water which is 220ppm , much help needed dont want to loose my girls
using big bloom and grow big

Are you in veg or flower? If you are in veg you will want to lower your ph to 5.5 so that the plants can take in the nitrogen better. If in flower your ph should be fine. Are your lower leaves getting enough light? You say they are trees so the lower leaves may not be getting enough light.

Dont feel to bad my slh are doing the same thing.I just changed my res and added cal mag to my res hoping it will help it with the problem,Im using gh 3 part,running 800 ppm.Other then the problem im having they are flowering nice.
Good Luck

i am in veg , any help much appreciated

throw some pics up but it could be a cal mag thing BUT....

most of the above measures define hardness in terms of concentrations of calcium in water, any combination of calcium and magnesium cations having the same total molarity as a pure calcium solution will yield the same degree of hardness. Consequently, hardness concentrations for naturally occurring waters (which will contain both Ca2+ and Mg2+ ions), are usually expressed as an equivalent concentration of pure calcium in solution. For example, water that contains 1.5 mmol/L of elemental calcium (Ca2+) and 1.0 mmol/L of magnesium (Mg2+) is equivalent in hardness to a 2.5 mmol/L solution of calcium alone (250.2 ppm).

Because it is the precise mixture of minerals dissolved in the water, together with the water's pH and temperature, that determines the behaviour of the hardness, a single-number scale does not adequately describe hardness. Descriptions of hardness correspond roughly with ranges of mineral concentrations:

Very soft: 0-70 ppm, 0-4 dGH
Soft: 70-140 ppm, 4-8 dGH
Slightly hard: 140-210 ppm, 8-12 dGH
Moderately hard: 210-320 ppm, 12-18 dGH
Hard: 320-530 ppm, 18-30 dGH
Very hard >530 ppm, >30 dGH

that's from wikipidia, so I'd maybe think about how having "moderately hard" water will change things:)

some1 told me that is should clean my res every 2 weeks and the first day that i put new water to leave it 4 a day with just phd water to flush the plants

ok i can only speek for what i know i run an ebb flow and you dont have to clean to the end. as far as a dwc or drip i have not a clue.what type of setup you runnin. flush in the end last week

my total ppm should it be the total of nutes and water, if my water has150ppm. ex. 700ppm total do i deduct the 150 that my water had before adding nutes . so should count the nutes deducing the water, i dont know how ehich to go bye for the ppms , either total nutes and water . or total ppms deducting the ppms the plain water had

you gotta take your water into consideration obviously there is stuff in the water. your water seems hard you should get an ro unit and start from there i have not used ff in hydro i have gh 3 part so i couldnt tell you about ff. what type of setup you runnin

ebb and flow do u count ppm totat with the water

ya you do. what type ebb flow table or bucketts. gh makes a hardwater micro base i use the gh with reg base but i have an ro

ahh nice i would get an ro down the road or switch to gh products and get there hardwater micro base not sure but i do recall another nute company who also makes the hardwater base

well if he is running a weak solution there is gonna be a problem he is not getting enough of something also ph will play a part in uptake of nutes. strive for 5.4-5.9 max. try to bring nutes up slow over the next few days.post some pics

what range ppms sould i have if my girls are a month and a wk. i am at 500ppms now using ff nutes

how tall are they? mine after month are huge pushin 1400ppm

i would slowly raise ppm to they start to see nute burn then back off tad. diff strains can take diff ppm. my ww was taking 1600 ppm during flowering. but my sativas where are 1200 struggling so raise it up 200 this week another 200 next then just watch for burn you should be able to do atleast 1,000 ppm at .7 conversion factor

Latest posts

Back