PPM & strains?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buddha65

Reaction score
Is there an average PPM for all Marijane strains or does it vary greatly?
Also, doesn't constant waterflow act as an esturay in an Eb & Flow system..mine are thriving. Your advise and experience...could I be doing more harm than good..Help.:)
Buddha 65

Unfortunately, all strains vary. For example, I think White widow is very nute sensitive (don't quote me on that I have never grown it), blueberry is a low to medium nute taker, and most skunks are heavy feeders. I'm pretty sure those are right. Of course, there may be an occasional freak or whatever.
I'm trying to dig back to high school days...isn't an estuary a lake (that opens to the ocean) that several rivers flow in to? Can you explain how your ebb and flow acts as an estuary? I don't quite follow.

The ppm levels for every plant will vary due to genetic differences, I believe. You will be able to tell when you need to up the ppm. The leaves will start to look a bit yellow and then you know to bump up the feeding. Hope this helps as I don't do hydro. Just what I've read. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress. Some pics would be great. Take care and be safe.

No, actualy an estuary is half salt/fresh water system depending on the tides...I was thinking in the sennse that water from one system impedes an other for a 12 hour period and rotates as the tides do...light/dark...12/on 12/off. It seems to make sense and my girls are responding well. Thoughts on this idea?

Buddha65

Latest posts

Back