Problems with SS Haze in veg

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have grown these 4 super silver haze from seeds and they are now in their 4th week. I started them of in root riot cubes and put them into rockwool cubes after a few days growth. They have been growing steadily since i introduced them into the NFT hydro system. I started them on half strength nutes last week (Canna Vega part A and B) and have kept the PH around 5.5-5.8.

Since I gave them the nutes they have grown at a much faster rate and i am now starting to experience some probs. I dont know if the fact that I introduced an exhaust fan into the frey(same times as i started them on nutes) has reduced the humidity and hence the leaves in such a state now.

If anyone can help diagnose this problem I would greatly appreciate it as I want a GOOD crop come the time to harvest.

Photo0184.jpg

Photo0183.jpg

Photo0181.jpg

Photo0182.jpg

Photo0185.jpg

Hey Badman, What type of lighting are you using? I use t5s and experience similar effects but they always do fine.

Im using a 250w HPS, its about a meter away from the tops of the plants so its not gunna be heat stress. what are t5s?

Hey sb, t5's are small flourescents. Good for seedlings' first stages.

Its kinda looking like nute burn or a ph prob. Keep a close eye on your lower leaves and leave tips. Have you tried flushing your resevoir?

Also, if youre using a 250 hps, you should be able to lower that light closer to your plants. A meter is a good distance when youre first introducing the plant to a new light. But once its established and a bit more mature... lower those lights as low as you can without burning the tops of course.

Good luck

you can tell from the pics its a HPS t5s would have taken a regular looking pic because of the blue spectrums;)
i keep my 400w HPS about 1 ft. away as close as i can get it so you should definetly lower that and like KB10 says it does look like
nute burn or ph i would say burnt tops but your light is to far away. just think of it as the closer the light is to the plants the more powerful the light it receives = bigger buds light fades fast but IMO HPS lights have the furthest penetraion it dont fade as fast as MH or CFLs

:goodposting: :yeahthat:

Last Sat I sitched them from floros to the 250 HPS, i was intending to start it a meter away and gradually move it closer as to not burn the plants...however it seems I have done that anyway. Temps were around 84 untill i sorted the exhaust fan which brought it down to 77, maybe the day or 2 at 84 toasted em.

The night I posted the pics above I changed back to the floros as I was only on half strength nutes and I moniter the PH like a b1tch to make sure its around 5.8 so it could only be from heat.....look at them now, they have neary trebled in size.

I am resticted with space in my set up so with the 4/5 internodes on these super silver haze beauties, is it possible to start flowering soon and still achieve a reasonable yeild?

I inclded a pic of the future of my ssh crop...little mother in growth. ideally she'd be in a propogator, but again, lack of space prevents me.

Photo0202.jpg

Photo0203.jpg

Photo0204.jpg

Photo0205.jpg

Glad to hear things are working out buddie

My closet stays at around 80-85 so that shouldn't have caused that. Glad you got everything under control. They look beautiful now:).

Latest posts

Back