Pro's and con's of storing water

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shockeclipse

1000w Of Love
Reaction score
I am goin to be running an eight plant dwc setup, with well water on location. The well water is terrible, like 1200 ppm's terrible. There is a natural spring nearby I plan on using which I tested at 107 ppm. Now I think it would make sense to store the water on location rather than running to the spring every time I do a res change. What are the problems I may run into doing this? How should I store it? I was thinking 50 gal drums? I have the room for them in my garage but I have no idea where to get ones clean enough to put water into. Any ideas? Oh and before someone mentions it. I cannot afford an RO this time around and I am worried that even if I got one, I qould be replacing filtera like crazy with the high ppm well water...

Ebay has a portable RO filter for 60$, I dont think your going to get a clean drum for that.

Ive only changed filters once in 2 years with 800 ppm water.

50 gal drums of water weigh 417.25 lbs plus the drum.
I have a 20 gal drum and its all i can do to move it around.

if you have a well and a spring on location, it sounds as though you are in a rural area. check with your local farm supply for clean barrels(storing water for farm animals).

Growdude said:
Ebay has a portable RO filter for 60$, I dont think your going to get a clean drum for that.

Ive only changed filters once in 2 years with 800 ppm water.

50 gal drums of water weigh 417.25 lbs plus the drum.
I have a 20 gal drum and its all i can do to move it around.
I wouldn't be lugging the barrels around. I was just going to sit one or two in my garage. We use the spring water to drink and cook with so its not only for the grow. I cannot spend anymore money on this so I am waiting til the next grow to get a RO

Latest posts

Back