Proxies, for the paranoid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dizoelio

Reaction score
Hey hey,

I've noticed some of you have asked questions about security and what not online. So i'd figured i'd toss some info on proxies.

proxies online are used to mask your ip when surfing. Think of it as bouncing all your traffic throu lets say brazil.

It's real simple to use, most browsers support them. I suggest using firefox.

http://www.proxyblind.org/list.shtml

That is a website with a small list of proxies sorted by country and more information to get you started... THE LIST IS AT THE BOTTOM. buncha ads at top, but what can you do :huh:

They are available free, I tested a few seems alright. I've used more advanced methods of getting proxies.... but most you can just google. And most are free to use.

The site will give you a more in depth look at how and what are proxies. Anyhow, have a fun time being free online!

yeah dude but the problem with proxies is they have a whole bunch of ads on every page you visit and after like 3 pages in from a home page it wont go any further

Yea but it's for the paranoid anyways... doubt they would care about ads at first..

Anyhow, some of those don;t have ads... not all proxies have ads. The major ones do because that is a bussiness... but MOST do not. Just gotta read up on it, moist are offered free online.

I use mozilla firefox...it has a nice proxy add on called foxy proxy....check it out if you run mozilla ....running a proxy is def something you can do to have a more secure internet experience.

Latest posts

Back