PVC Hydroponic grow setup. Questions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smotpoker

Reaction score
So I have a DWC setup now and have just been exploring other hydroponic setups and am curious about the PVC setup (I guess it would be considered Ebb & Flow?) where you've got PVC pipes running downhill with net pots in the top of the pipe. My question is this: Do you leave the water flowing through 24/7 or is it on a timer? If so, what time increments do you use? Does anyone have a grow journal or build with pictures that I can check out? Any information that can be offered at all would be welcomed! Thanks for your time.

Unless the pvc tubes are largely filled with water it's probably closer to NFT than E&F. Most commercial herb and flower growers use this technique, it is very common indeed and very useful. From what I recall the pump timing is no different to E&F which is usually 15minutes every 1 or 2 hours depending on preference. You can always increase or decrease this regime if required.

Is there any minimum depth you want to keep the water in the tube at or do you want it to drain dry when you're not pumping?

The root ball etc will contain sufficient moisture between waterings I would try it on 15 minutes every hour to start with and see how you go. Probably start on half strength nutes also, and work up until you find a happy medium.

Read on another site a guy who grows exactly as you are talking and he said 1 min on 5 min off 24/7 Hope this helps he had great grow pic's

Latest posts

Back