Question about cfl bulb

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

AJNAG EKOMS18

im doing an all cfl grow and im in 2nd week of flower.i saw some 42 watt cfl's online and im in hope of adding an extra 13000 lumens wit a couple of them to my grow but they are platinum colored,would this be a problem for my mj,they also have titanium,any help is apreciated
Smoke Ganja-:cool:

Depending on your unit, I have 3 CFL's (soft white more red spectrum) at 150w in each fixture. Not to mention the other system I have running. Soft white is what you need to concentrate on with CFL bulbs they have more red for flowering cool whites have more blue for growing. Make sense? let me know if that helps

i use regular CFL's the screw type bulbs you use in your regular house lights.
i use them for cloning and some vegging. the home depot has them cheap the 44w=150w work very good. i use the bright white for vegging. but you can get soft white, or Daylight for flowering they have more of a red spectrum.
you can make a sweet setup from the depot:hubba: you get a 2ft. light fixture for above the bathroom mirror that usually has 5 sockets. buy a good 8ft. extension cord to cut and wire to the light fixture. then get 5 light spliters so you end up with a 2ft. long fixture with 10- 44w bulbs its a nice setup.
or you can do a quick setup that works good buy using hanging lites for working on your car and taking of the cage. or get lights they sell at the aquarium shops for lizard and take off the metal hood then add 2 or 1 light spliters 2 will give you 3 bulbs 1 will give you 2 take a look at my journal there's a couple picks that show the quick setup im using to clone and veg. here's a link
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37685&page=2

AJNAG EKOMS18 said:
im doing an all cfl grow and im in 2nd week of flower.i saw some 42 watt cfl's online and im in hope of adding an extra 13000 lumens wit a couple of them to my grow but they are platinum colored,would this be a problem for my mj,they also have titanium,any help is apreciated
Smoke Ganja-:cool:

You need to know the spectrum to know if these would be good. Can you provide a link?

peaceful said:
I just found some 30w cfl's which have 2000 lumens for $3.79 each. There are both 2700k and 6400k spectrum. I think it is a great deal. Plus, there is a 10% off coupon code and shipping is under $10. If you are interested, here you go hXXp://www.1000bulbs.com/30-Watt-Compact-Fluorescents/

thanks 4 da info but i was sold on these 42 watters theyre 3000 lumens each and for only 5 bucks

The Hemp Goddess said:
You need to know the spectrum to know if these would be good. Can you provide a link?

i found out theyre perfect for me (2700k) but i was wondering if titanium or platinum would be bad for ma mj so i wouldnt bother buying them.
thanks people 4 ya support

Latest posts

Back