Question about heat in Greenhouse.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Splatoid

Reaction score
I'm needing more heat to grow thru the winter and was wondering if anyone has used a small propane heater for this. Will it release harmful gas? I'm thinking of the kind that sit on top of a propane tank or maybe something else . I don't have anymore overhead for electric heat and really don't want tp run another wire. But I may have to.

It still gets down in the mid 30s but not for real long periods of time. My greenhouse is about 25' by 12' and I would like to be able to keep it in the 60's. I had two space heaters in there but I'm trying to trim down our electric bill some. Like you said it really shouldn't take to much to keep it mice in there. There are some smaller wood stoves for a reasonable price. But most of them look somewhat cheaply made. I fracked up when I ran the wiring out to it. That's my problem. I always think I know what I'm doing but sometimes it bites me in the ass. Always has and always will.

i don't know what the cost of propane would be to heat that up but if you have gas piping to your house and the gas is not too costly, then yes a clean burn would result in co2 and give off heat. I wish i had this possibility where i am.

Latest posts

Back