Question for Blue Mystic growers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leafminer

Bloody H E L L !
Reaction score
This question really started with a recent thread from someone else, asking about lack of trichs on a plant well into bud.
When I was in the grow room earlier, that question came to mind and I realised to my :eek: that while the Black Domina is absolutely coated in trichs, the Blue Mystic has . . . none that are apparent.
They both started the same time, exact same conditions...
Am I worrying without good reason? I don't recall the Aurora being like this.

oh please no I bought some of those seeds.... :(

I have been most unhappy thinking about this all day.
I mean, it's 50% of the first indoor this season. It's only two plants, I know, but the canopy is 6 square feet in total and the Black Domina is wonderful.

I just went out and had another look with the lights on. Honestly, it is only on the very tiny leaves and even then, only right next to the pistils, that I see any real evidence of trichs.

So I have 4 healthy female clones; two of each geno. Well unless anyone chimes in to the contrary I am right now thinking of ditching the two BM clones and cloning one more Domina from each of those. Or maybe take a couple of big branches from the base of the flowering one, say a foot tall, that would get established quickly. Oh well. Let's hope some other BM growers have some input on this. :confused2: I can't be sad, I have the Domina. :hubba:

well thank goodness you have the other...this is one reason why I wont grow only new strains you just never know... I would keep one of the clones just in case but yeah I would prob take more of the other...I have seen awesome blue mystic and not so great blue mystic from the club...this must be the later one..

I have a Blue Mystic in my garden. It didn't lack trichromes like I would've expected with her as badly sick as she got before flowering her. I have noticed a slight jump in trichrome production over the last week or so with a UVB lamp in my garden as well. May be something to concider investing thirty five dollars into. Pics below. She is five weeks and three days in.

day 38-1.JPG

day 38-2.JPG

thanks classic that is looking good cant wait to see her when shes done...

Thanks, Classic.
Mine are one week behind yours in time . . . nothing like what you're showing in trichs. How disappointing.
The Black Domina is a total contrast, I put a finger on the cola and it's covered in hash, lovely smell. Try that with the Mystic and ... uh uh. Almost nothing.
I've actually left a query with Nirvana's customer support so I'll report back when I get a reply.
I think I will make two more Black Domina clones tomorrow and throw out the two Blue Mystic clones .. may as well stick them in the greenhouse and flower them out.
I am definitely going to adopt the Domina as a main crop. Totally delighted with it.

maybe you just got bad pheno's ...but I know I'd be p.o.'d if I spent good money on something and didn't get what I was expecting. You would think they would have it pretty stabalized before they sold the genetics...but you never know anymore...I guess I would just expect more from Nirvana

Yes,you're right. I bought the Mystic because of the excellent weed I grew from their Aurora. Having grown the Domina I've woken up, it seems like. I won't accept inferior genetics again. It either performs, or it's ripped up!
I hope to be getting a new camera soon, I can't wait to show you what my Domina grow looks like.

I have not grown the domina, but have always liked the looks of it, in the books and mags etc...can't wait to see how your turns out!

Not that they will send you new geneics or anything, because there is really no way for you to proove that those plants are from the seeds they sent you, ...but have you contacted Nirvana about this? You never know, they may make it right with you...it's worth a shot.

I'd tell them what you just told us, about buying them because of the good stuff you had bought from them, maybe that with a threat to never do business with them again...lol...maybe they might do something about it???

I have sent them a customer service query to see what they say. I'll report back!

OK. Here it is...
Nirvana's person advised me not to give up on it just yet because "It is a sativa strain, meaning that it will need a flowering time of 13 to 14 weeks"
hXXp://www.nirvana-shop.com/en/indoor-marijuana-seeds/blue-mystic.html
says it is an indica dom with a flowering time of 9 - 11 weeks.
You'd think they would know what type of plant they are selling . . maybe they are all :48: over there!

I looked through my strain books, and can't find anything on it, unless it's in the big book of buds2...I have that one lent out to a buddy. Yeah man, you would think they would be consistent with their description. I've personally never grown it, so I don't know what to tell you???? I would send them back the description that you found on that website, along with the des. they just gave you, and say ok which is it...why the different descriptions? I'll be kind of disappointed in Nirvana if they can't get something like this straightened out. I mean if it has 2 different pheno's one sat dom, and one Indica dom...then just say so in the general description, I don't like the idea of the contradiction. Personally if I bought something that the des. said was indica dom, and then later they told me oh it's a sativa...I'd be pizzed! (which I'm sure you are) I'm looking for a good indica now, but I'd be madder than he11 if I got misinformed...cause I have enough sat dom right now. Good Luck to you brother!

yeah I have seen a few of those plants take forever to get there but on the whole most of the pheno's I've seen from them seem to be more sativa leaning than indica. Another thing to be aware of is that plants will sometimes behave wierdly as the season changes I've got some critical mass right now thats allways covered with trichomes but the last couple weeks worth of growth it is not showing its normal behaviour allmost empty, I grow with clones and have done so for a long time so I kow what to expect from my girls its just that sometimes they wanna be finicky, I wouldn't give up on it as 9-11 weeks would've told me it was more of a sativa type with a long running flower. When I had mine they used take about 3-31/2 months but boy where they worth the wait. Yes Nirvana's cheap but you will allways get some variation each plant is going to be somewhat different than the next when they get pollinated. Hpe that helps you to understand a little more about what you've got. good luck

It has huge fan leaves like the Domina; I would say it is an indica dom. It sure isn't pure indica.
Well, it's gone much too far now to rip up. I will let it flower out and see what happens. The strange thing was, for some reason I expected the Mystic to finish first. No way. The Domina is way ahead; I'm beginning to believe Sensi's 50 days. So, it looks like the Domina will be early, so I'll have plenty of bud while I wait for the Mystic to finish.

Yo Ho leafminer,

I just pulled mine a little while ago, and I got my beans from Nirv too. My baby really didn't show all that much either, and I ran her nine weeks and change. She is very tasty, and I am happy now that I didn't yank her.

On a side note, as she cures, she gets better, and better...

Good Luck with her

smoke in peace
KK :cool:

OK, thanks KK. I'll stick to the original plan, then. Really appreciate your note.

Latest posts

Back