question on sex determination...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crashul

Reaction score
My outdoor plants are 1 and a half month into their growing. there are 15 and a half hours of daylight right now. When i was checking them i noticed one of the plants shows what appears to be characteristics of males. At the top nodes there are little clusters of small round things. i'm not sure they are polen sacks, they are not shapped like a football but are like very small grapes , in clusters. Do you thing they are males. If so why are they showing their sex so early...?

i also had this happen, twice once before transplanting to outdoors, the one that it happened to is pictured, this plant was only just over a month old. and last night i went to my spot to check on them and there one was with its balls hanging out. when i started them inside i used the sun in window and would move them as the sun move from east to west. the only undo stress the received was from rabbits eating some of the leaves, at witch point i sniped off the eaten leaves. i posted this on another site, yet no answers.

st2.jpg

and the one that it happened to that was outdoors has been outdoors since 5/4 there age is just over 2 months.

Blury and hard to tell but looks like male. Plants show sex at a certain age. Some show a lot sooner than others. And males usually show a lot earlyer than females. Slim Sorry i thought whis was your picture. Your plant sounds like a male though.

longtimegrower said:
Blury and hard to tell but looks like male. Plants show sex at a certain age. Some show a lot sooner than others. And males usually show a lot earlyer than females. Slim Sorry i thought whis was your picture. Your plant sounds like a male though.

ok thanks, this was my first outdoor and i was just use to male or females showing up after the 12/12 switch when doing it indoors and thougt would be same outdoors when the light cycle starts to decrease. i just thought it was strange.

when i started them inside i used the sun in window and would move them as the sun move from east to west
no "supplemental" lighting? (24/0) ? I've had plants express their sex early, after moving them directly from 24/0 to short outdoor cycles, but from your post, I deduce that they have been under the 'natural' cycle from start. You may have some "auto flowering" genes in there.. ;)

Hick said:
no "supplemental" lighting? (24/0) ? I've had plants express their sex early, after moving them directly from 24/0 to short outdoor cycles, but from your post, I deduce that they have been under the 'natural' cycle from start. You may have some "auto flowering" genes in there.. ;)
that is what i thought when the first one showed its male side, but was not sure, the seeds i used were from some deccent mid's

Latest posts

Back