question regarding hetal halide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donkey942

Reaction score
ive got 2 175w MH and plan on putting them in a room im building tomarow thats 7'-4'-5.5' high will this be anough and can i still bud uner MH and get a good crop?

Yes. Its not the best way. But it will work. You will need to get a mh red spectrum bulb. Mine was 80 bucks..
The price you spend on the bulb you bould make a 300w hps.
Click on The Hemp Goddess's sig and look at her cool tube design.
I built it for about 60 bucks.
I'm running a 400w mh and the 300 w hps on my 2 girls.
In my sig and I'm happy with the grow

hey city...i beeen trying to posts pics for a few days now..it wont let me..lol..and lots of addvertisements for a Member ..Have a good day my friend

Ive used MH for flower with nice results.. The conversion(red spec) bulbs like City is talking about work well also, the Lumen output is about 10k higher than a 400mh also;)

I have flowered under a 400w metal halide many times and it works pretty well but the light output is only enough for about a 3'x3' area. here is a pic of a bagseed grow i have going on under the 400 now.

bagseed_01.jpg

donkey942 said:
ive got 2 175w MH and plan on putting them in a room im building tomarow thats 7'-4'-5.5' high will this be anough and can i still bud uner MH and get a good crop?

Actually, you would need about 10 175W MH lights to adequately light that space. Light is figured as lumens per sq ft. You want a minimum of 5000 lumens per sq ft or (for your space) 140,000 lumens. The MH lamps you have now are good for an area of about 2' x 2.5'.

well ive downsized the room to 65"-45"-55" high will i be good now?

To effectively light that area, you are gonna need at least 2 400 watt lamps... Preferably a pair of 600 watt lamps with the almost 4 ft width.

well i have 2-4ft floros and 2-2ft blue spectrum floros will this help get the light i need?

Not really. If you stick with what you got.even adding flors. You will have minimum yield. Lite airy buds.
They may not even produce trichs.
This will be good to learning tool but not enough for quality.
You do need more light..
I'm telling ya. Order 4 150 watt hps lights and start from there. You will have better luck

thx city but where can i get a decent priced hps and not have to worry about someone watching where its going or where can i get 4 of the cheapo 150w ones?

Htg supply. A lot of growers get there's here. And you get a cool bottle opener/lighter. Mine was purple. Good pricing on balast rebuild kits to

well i just got 2 400w hps with hortilux bulbs from a company who refurbishes them for 110 dollars shipped to me so my light problem is fixed for now im also splitting my grow room up into veg and bloom the 2 MH are going into the veg room and the hps are going into bloom room.

Latest posts

Back