Question??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

six_seven_one

Reaction score
Hey everybody I got a couple sprouts now that are about 1.5 weeks old and the leaves are starting to curl up alittle and there are little golden spots forming on them.
I'm using miracle grow moisture control soil and have them under a couple CFLs.

I'm thinking its cuz theres not enough humidity. How can I raise the humididty in my closet.
Thanx

= 001.jpg

= 002.jpg

myne did the same because of the soil acidity , is your soil very acidic ? i her MG soils are , i think you need to add organic lime in , and some perlite and pieces of small clay for roots to get air and good for your drainage .

here is link to see what problem you have
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41724
their are pictures which you can elaborate your problems by seeing

myne formed more yellow until most of my leaves are yellow
check your PH is it 6.5 ?
aand the water that drains out is it 6.5 ?
you got to know if your soil mixture is good , if its good it will drain 6.5 even if you give it 6.5. that is a balanced equation.
if it drains 8 it means you got alot of salt
if it drains 5.5 that means its very acidic .

if you want to transplant , others will recommend other things , but for best no hassle equation to the hassle free world , get to the soil shop and ask them for a soil which is nor acidic and nor salty , which will give you an ideal ph of drainage , some new soils have a mixture which buffers a PH of 6.5 , so whatever water PH comes in the pot for the first month the buffer will buffer it to 6.5 .. when the buffer worns out you got to feed it with 6.5 after tht

but im not sure if this medium will give the best for the plants suited home.

I'd change your soil. MG soil has too much nute...especially for seedlings. I've seen this happen a lot with MG soils (not sure about the MG organic). Even the MG Seed Starter Soil will cause nute burn and have ph problems. If you can, get a soil with the right ph. It makes a huge difference! It may not be just one issue causing the spots/curl. Low humidity, heat from light, if you're using MG... it's most likely your ph! -I grew once with MG soil and the same thing happened. Stay clear of anything with "dark bark" too. Once I changed the soil everything improved. Fox Farm- Ocean Forest is a good soil. Humidifiers usually raise the humidity :) Good luck!

Transplant those into new soil. If you can get Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil, then try it; it's good soil.

The MG has time release ferts in them. Too much for weed. It works great in your veg. garden though.

Thanx everyone for your tips. I'll head out today and look for some better soil.
My friend has a big bag of Sunshine mix #4 for me. Is this good??
While I'm there I'm gonna borrow his PH tester and PH Up/Down.
Wondering if I can take a 10gallon container and set the water to 6.5 and use that water for awhile or will the water change the PH overtime?

Thanx Again

I don't know anything about Sunshine #4. Look to see if it has a general ph reading on the bag. Bat/seabird Guano, enough pearlite/clean sand so it breaths well, dolmite lime can help stablize ph (in some soils it raises the ph slightly), organic compost, peat/spag moss and you should be good. -Ph can change in time if water just sits. It depends how clean the water is. It's always a good idea to check the ph levels every time you water. I'd just stick to around a gallon of ph treated water. Remember, roots need to breath so don't overwater. Soak them down gradually when you water and give it plenty of time to air out. Good soil and proper ph and you'll see a big difference in growth rate/size. Soil "probe"/gauge ph testers aren't as accurate as digital ph testers. Digitals cost more but give better readings. A little ph solution goes a long way so use sparingly till you get a system down. As the roots develop the growth takes off. When you transplant from MG be careful with the roots... you can use a spray bottle to spray off MG soil. They'll bounce back. Hope that helped a lil.

Good stuff man. I'm headed over there now and I'll read p on it and see if it has all that good stuff you mentioned.

Laterz

OK MP, Instead of starting a new thead I figure I'd keep this thread alive.
The plants are about 3 weeks old now and I hope to try LST on one of them.
Here's a pic of the one I hope to use and I'm looking for any tips on how to do it.

Thanx :)

100_1359.JPG

Latest posts

Back