Questionson High Pressure Sodium Lamps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joker448

Reaction score
how many volts would i need for veg and flowering if i were to use a hps lamp?

how many plants, how big of a room and all that

my 600 watt lamp claims to be enough for up to 12 plants

another mark to go by is lumens per square foot, for each square foot of grow space you want at least 3000 lumens. bulbs should all tell you their lumen output

1plant right now and im planning on clonning a little so about 3-4 plants and i am in the process of making a growing cabinet. So how many watts would i need?

1-3 plants i would say u need a 250w hps light but i cannot say really cuz i dont know the grow box hieght width and depth

for so few plants and a small space like a cabinet you might have a look into flourescent lighting, HPS is more efficient but you still have to find somewhere that sells them. i personally found that difficult (im in the UK)

Im planning on having my cabinet be about 6 ft tall and 4 ft wide

im using a 430 hps in a 2'x3'4"x5'8"height space

joker448 said:
Im planning on having my cabinet be about 6 ft tall and 4 ft wide
IMHO,get yourself a universial lamp for MH/HPS 400 watt.That way you can use the MH bulb for your veg state and then the HPS for your flowering state.Here is a good place to get that cheap and fast service http://htgsupply.com/ that will be plenty of light for a grow that size.Keep it GREEN:hubba:

I hope this isn't considered a hijack.If so I'm sorry.Anyway. My growbox is 2'x3'x6'.I've been growing 3 to 4 plants to harvest in it using CFL's. Been gettin' about an oz. per plant in soil. I'd like to go to a 400 watt hps. What is your set-up and how do you keep your temps down with that 430 watter?Thanks from where the grass is blue.

5 sq.ft. 400W would be perfect. Key is fans. I would put 3 CPU fans or an inline duct right where the bulb is to pull the hot air out.
Or you can go with a "cool" tube or vented hood for the HPS system.
check out the many online stores for them.
It was a hi-jack....but its still on topic so alls good.
Browse around the grow journals you'll find many many different ways to get that heat out.
Also have the ballast remote and out away from the box. The bulb gets hot but the ballast generates tons of heat.

hey mutt you should use 3 cpu fans as an exaust with an intake hole down? i'll like to be able keep my closet shut and get out of there the big noisy fan..

Latest posts

Back