Quick question about lime and PH... and a few other things Ph related

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you do?

• LIME and don't sweat PH

• Are you crazy? PH your nute solution!!!

• Use lime and PH balance your nute solution.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Wetdog said:
I'll have to root around for the specific name, but I got it at Lowes. Lowes seems to be the only place in my area with powdered/ground Dolo lime. Everyone has the pellets though.

"I" use 2tbl/gallon of mix or 1cup/CuFt of mix.

Wet

yup.. the powdered. "Hi-Yield" brand...:confused2: 1 tablespoon p/ gallon hee.

No ground or powdered Dolo Lime anywhere around here. Not at Lowe's, Home Depot, or any local feed stores. The guy at the grow shop said I shouldn't be adding anything to the FF soil when I asked him about it. I still bought 2cuft of perlite to go with my 9 cuft of soil and a ph meter. I went ahead and ordered some powdered lime online. . .

How long should I let my soil marinate (after mixing) before planting, if any?

If it wouldn't hurt the clones I will probably just transplant them immediately after mixing. Then I will likely only veg. them for 1 to 2 weeks before initiating flowering when they are no more than 12"-15" tall. The strains will be dependent on what I can find locally/legally. I will probably do at least 2 different. . .

I ended up finding some pulverized dolomite lime, powder consistency, at a grow shop in the next town over from where I live. I applied it at the rate given above in my soil. The clones just finished their first week of flowering after giving them a bit more than a week of veg to get settled in to their new homes. I watered with FFBB and FFTB according to their schedule for the first time last night. I mixed up 15 gallons to water with and checked the ph of the solution and the runoff an just wanted to post results here.

I use my own well water. Its ph is 7.6-7.8 coming out of the tap/hose so its fairly alkaline.

The nutrient solution, after bubbling for a couple hours, had a ph of 6.5. I did not adjust it before applying it.

The runoff was 7.0. So it seems that the soil is buffered, at least for now.

I will keep tabs on this as I increase the nutrient doses and time passes. I'm kinda curious to see what happens. . .

Latest posts

Back