R.I.P. George "the Possum" Jones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cubby

Reaction score
Country music legend, and American music icon, George Jones has died at the age of 81. He was in the midst of his final Tour, dubbed "The Grand Tour" after one of his many million selling recordings.
Country music, and the world, has lost an incredible talent. No one will ever fill those shoes.
God's speed, and thanks for always putting on a great show, when you showed up....he was also known as "No show Jones" due to his habbit of missing shows due to drinking (in his younger days).

OK, that sucks. :( I discovered George Jones via a country song that goes "Let's all get stoned and listen to George Jones".

George Jones and Haggards Music I been listening too since I was a Little Boy.

YYZ Skinhead said:
OK, that sucks. :( I discovered George Jones via a country song that goes "Let's all get stoned and listen to George Jones".

Jessie Dayton.

WeedHopper said:
George Jones and Haggards Music I been listening too since I was a Little Boy.

I started listening to Jones, Haggard, Cash, Nelson, ect when I was 15 (Early 70's). I was country, when country wasn't cool. The loss to country music, and music in general, cannot be over stated.

Cut em down: Johnny Cash I love that song!!! You will be missed RIP:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back