recommend cfls for veg

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetSoca

Reaction score
I have a 400W HPS with a nice cooling system but I'd like to save money on my electricity bill, so I'd like to use some cfls for the veg stage. What do you recommend for a grow space with these dimensions 2'2"w x 1'7"d x 5'7"h ? I plan to grow just 2 plants.

i use 12 T12's to veg with no complaints so i'm sure enough CFL's will do great..5 or 6 54w CFL's should do the trick for vegging but keep em' close to the plants...my floro veg light is 480w but i should think 300w would be adequate

I would go with 2ft t-5 floro's...perfect for space,but you didn't ask that did ya:0 you will want the spectrum to be 6500k, if you cant find those get the 5500k ones. Look for the 150w impersonator's

When should you switch from CFLs to HPS? (as in around how many weeks into the growing cycke our how many sets of leaves) and what type of running time do you usually have to do? (12/12?)

thats a huge space for 2 plants you going soil??

SweetSoca said:
I have a 400W HPS with a nice cooling system but I'd like to save money on my electricity bill, so I'd like to use some cfls for the veg stage. What do you recommend for a grow space with these dimensions 2'2"w x 1'7"d x 5'7"h ? I plan to grow just 2 plants.

It sounds like you have one of those suncast vertical garden sheds? I have one, too.

Latest posts

Back