recreational....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubba

Reaction score
Having recently gone legal-rec, I decided to try it out. First legal weed. I bought a couple of indica buds, 25% thc and a concentrate, "diamonds and sauce OG Legend," 70% thc.
Powerwise, buds about the same as my better ones, concentrate was no stronger than my better QWET made to Graywolf's recipe. Concentrate was more refined than my QWET, but not noticeably stronger. Buds were smaller, had that "PGR" appearance.

Bubba

Oh of course not. I was just curious. Pot was 40 bucks for 3.5 grams, 1 gram of diamonds and sauce was 50-60 or so.
Concentrates seemed not bad in price. If I assign a price to my pot, and calculate the fair value of my cost for concentrates, not bad. But when the weed is basically free plus cost of grow....

Bubba

Oh of course not. I was just curious. Pot was 40 bucks for 3.5 grams, 1 gram of diamonds and sauce was 50-60 or so.
Concentrates seemed not bad in price. If I assign a price to my pot, and calculate the fair value of my cost for concentrates, not bad. But when the weed is basically free plus cost of grow....

Bubba
Same take as I had when Massachusetts went recreational. The best part was the ability to buy bud legally for the first time in the states. Other than that, I wasn’t blown away by the professionals that grew it nor the ‘knowledge’ of the ‘budtender’. It is a labor of love to grow one’s own but I think it is worth it.

it's getting to the point that growing your own flowers indoors cost more that what you would spend at the dispensaries buying it...the big reason I grow my own is for purity and quality...PGR's and irradiation is all too normal with state run outfits...what ever happened to QC and safety regulations the government was so adamant to shove down our throats...Lord only knows what's in that stuff...

Same take as I had when Massachusetts went recreational. The best part was the ability to buy bud legally for the first time in the states. Other than that, I wasn’t blown away by the professionals that grew it nor the ‘knowledge’ of the ‘budtender’. It is a labor of love to grow one’s own but I think it is worth it.
Yup, I have pot pipes older than most working there. There's another one nearby that says they give a senior citizen's discount. Now we're talking!

Bubba

it's getting to the point that growing your own flowers indoors cost more that what you would spend at the dispensaries buying it...the big reason I grow my own is for purity and quality...PGR's and irradiation is all too normal with state run outfits...what ever happened to QC and safety regulations the government was so adamant to shove down our throats...Lord only knows what's in that stuff...
Apparently they have decided to go with whatever reduces the "surplus population" as "safety."

What state are you in Bubba? Around here, they advertise 40 to 60 for 3.5 but by the time you get to the cash register it is 90 because of Sales Tax. Generally the sales tax part is left out of advertised pricing. If you have a medical card you pay sales tax like you purchased a script medicine from a pharmacy. If your recreational only, No Med Card, you better bring the vasaline in Illinois. Also I know that the neighborhood people are slowly making a comeback. They were basically destroyed when it went legal. Everyone was in line out the door and around the block. Those lines, when you drive by now, are gone. Every once in a while we go and look at edibles (probably not the smartest thing health wise with PGR's and radiation i been learning about). I haven't bought state sponsored weed for at least as long as I been a member here. But I have bought some. You could tell by the hairs in the bud structure that something wasn't right. (PGR's) There are a lot of people who would rather go the old fashioned way because of tracking the state does in relation to gun ownership and the IL F.O.I.D Card situation. It should have never been legalized, just decriminalized is my current view.

What state are you in Bubba? Around here, they advertise 40 to 60 for 3.5 but by the time you get to the cash register it is 90 because of Sales Tax. Generally the sales tax part is left out of advertised pricing. If you have a medical card you pay sales tax like you purchased a script medicine from a pharmacy. If your recreational only, No Med Card, you better bring the vasaline in Illinois. Also I know that the neighborhood people are slowly making a comeback. They were basically destroyed when it went legal. Everyone was in line out the door and around the block. Those lines, when you drive by now, are gone. Every once in a while we go and look at edibles (probably not the smartest thing health wise with PGR's and radiation i been learning about). I haven't bought state sponsored weed for at least as long as I been a member here. But I have bought some. You could tell by the hairs in the bud structure that something wasn't right. (PGR's) There are a lot of people who would rather go the old fashioned way because of tracking the state does in relation to gun ownership and the IL F.O.I.D Card situation. It should have never been legalized, just decriminalized is my current view.
I wasnt paying attention to cost, but I recall I paid 180.00 for two 3.5 gram packages and a gram of Diamonds and sauce. I wasnt looking for a bargain, I just wanted to see what they brought to the table. Not that impressed.

Bubba

Just found the receipt. 60.00 for the concentrate, Buds, wow, one jar was 7grams "budlets" I just noticed, 55.00, the other jar was 3.5 grams 50.00.
total 165.00
taxes of various sorts added up to 178.98 total.

Bubba

Latest posts

Back