reducing humidity for Indica's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Poet

Reaction score
Fellow Growers,

Next month I am ordering Bogs Sour Bubble, a mostly Indica strain.
'Mold' being a problem with Indica's, I've been studying how to reduce humidity in my grow room.
My Air Conditioning guy says that an air conditioner is in fact a de-humidifier, that is how it works.
Running the air conditioner and getting a Hygrometer to monitor the humidity can't hurt.

Watering, I use my sprinkler can and give plants a measured amount of water, so to not overwater also to not wash the nutrients from my Super soil.
Then, let them drain, moving them from one tray to another, sitting them on a towel in between till the bottom of the pot as well as the tray is dry.
{It helps to get the trays and place them on the floor of closet #2 with the fan blowing on them.
That drys them out more than a towel does}
When dry, I move them back into their closet.

Now, I'm practicing growing Indica's, { that I have never grown.}
If I can grow Indica without mold becoming a problem I'll keep the Sour Bubble but if not there are other Bog strains which are 70% Indica which would be easier to manage.
Blue Kush or Bog Bubble.

{My favorite strain Oregon Grown O G, is 70% Indica}
{I wonder if I should get all three Bog strains, b. kush, Bog bubble, and sour bubble too?
Just buy all three and if the sour bubble is moldy trash it.
I'm trying hard to prevent mold however. More fans?
If 70% Indica is good 100% Indica can't bad...

Thank you...

The Poet...

Last edited:
What up Poet ?- Da word man ?-- Cuz I grow indica and mostly indica strains !-- I been running aero under LEDs for awhile !-- I don't have any exposed water so my humidity isn't that hard to control -- I have a small window AC unit it's more for cooling than dehumidfying but my RH runs about 48 % -- I like water pharming but planning on changing my system !-- I been running a more or less experimental and growing small plants and breeding me some stuff in Texas !-- I turned a Black Berry Snow Lotus male loose on over a dozen little girls some hybrids and some Indicas !--Bred with a couple other boys that were more hybrids !-- What I have noticed is U can't feed an indica like U can a sativa or hybrid !-- That would be too much for an indica !-- They do work well in what I was doing with a 4 part bloom rotation of 60 day or less finishers !-- Move one part into bloom every 2 weeks and after 2 months they start coming out of bloom every 2 weeks !-- Good luck with the humidity !-- I wouldn't know what to do having all that humidity coming off wet grow medium all the time !
I bred me something to be proud of !-- One of the latest is :
I used a SR91 mom -- ( Sangarara Reserve -x- 91 Dragons -- A high class indica outta Peru )-- For the dad-- I bred him too !-- He had a Mazar-i-Shariff mom ( that giant indica of Lebonese Blond Hash fame ) and his dad was a super stud Black Berry Snow Lotus -- SR91-X- ( MZR -x- BBSL )-- Used that same male on Barney's Farm Nightshade too !-- They'll be aged enough soon to germ !--

Last edited by a moderator:
I run 2 dehumidifiers and a mini split a/c. While the a/c is a dehumidifier, it isn't running all the time, so the humidity can be hard to regulate. I do this for sativas and indicas. in veg 50-40%. In flower 30%. It helps keep pm from starting

I agree. I run an ac and a dehumidifier. In the summer the ac will only get the humidity into the 60's in the winter Just the ac will get things down in the 40's around here

Latest posts

Back