Referendum: Should people be allowed to grow or use marijuana?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ugmjfarmer

Reaction score
hxxp://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2008/10/referendum-sh-1.html

In the coming weeks, On Deadline plans to present some of the referenda that voters will see when they go to the polls on Election Day.

Today's ballot measure comes to us from Michigan, where voters are being asked to vote on a proposal that would "permit the use and cultivation of marijuana for specified medical conditions."

Here's how the secretary of state describes this proposal:

PROPOSAL 08-1: A LEGISLATIVE INITIATIVE TO PERMIT THE USE AND CULTIVATION OF MARIJUANA FOR SPECIFIED MEDICAL CONDITIONS

The proposed law would:

Permit physician approved use of marijuana by registered patients with debilitating medical conditions including cancer, glaucoma, HIV, AIDS, hepatitis C, MS and other conditions as may be approved by the Department of Community Health.
Permit registered individuals to grow limited amounts of marijuana for qualifying patients in an enclosed, locked facility.
Require Department of Community Health to establish an identification card system for patients qualified to use marijuana and individuals qualified to grow marijuana.
Permit registered and unregistered patients and primary caregivers to assert medical reasons for using marijuana as a defense to any prosecution involving marijuana.

The Detroit Free Press letters (hxxp://www.freep.com/article/20081015/OPINION04/810150332/1072/OPINION) from people representing two sides of the debate. The White House drug czar is campaigning in the state against passage of the measure, according to the paper.

How would you vote?

People are figuring out that all the things they have been brainwashed into believing about MJ is baloney :D

Within 10 years, I believe most states will allow medical MJ ;)

WOW,
I just finished reading a whole bunch of the commentaries sent in by folks who have read this article. There is some really well written stuff in there.
You guys should consider reading some of this.

ugmjfarmer, you get my thumbs up on this one.:goodposting:

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

In response to the question.
I would vote early and often

Latest posts

Back