repti-sun 5.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ballmonkey7

Reaction score
because of my small growing space i need to use florecents, and i was wondering if i could use a light used for reptiles? these bulbs are made for producing UVB witch creates synthisis in the bones to make calcium. other wise they will get MBD [metrobolic bone desiese] and die. the bulb at 2 inches has around 130 uW/cm2 UVB output[on a hot day the sun has around 250 uW/cm2]. do these plants need more than UV? plz help...

i have know idea what any of that means, however if you have a reptile i bet that light will work great. but im not sure about for growing. sorry i couldn't help

I read an articlesaying uvb is bomb for flowering plants. Ur gonna needs some cfls though..

Why not just buy a 5 dollar cfl from your hardware store, it will work much better. Go to the lighting section and read the stickies.

i personly think you wont get far without a 400watt but it is all trail and error good luck m8.

has anyone got any idea what i can use to keep the heat in my grow room in stead of insolating as i cant get any and dont want to buy a roll for 1 closet thanks

hxxp://www.thermalfoams.com/construction/Insulation/dow.htm
change the hXXp to hTTp ;)

ballmonkey7 said:
because of my small growing space i need to use florecents, and i was wondering if i could use a light used for reptiles? these bulbs are made for producing UVB witch creates synthisis in the bones to make calcium. other wise they will get MBD [metrobolic bone desiese] and die. the bulb at 2 inches has around 130 uW/cm2 UVB output[on a hot day the sun has around 250 uW/cm2]. do these plants need more than UV? plz help...

Howdy ballmonkey :ciao:

:farm: I use the stronger lizard lamp, 10.0 UVB, it doesnt seem very strong, however, I did get a burn when I accidentally left it sitting on my foot for 30 minutes. Also, the plant seemed to immediately lean in the direction of the UV lamp when I put it in the grow :hubba:

Mine is only 26 watts and I kinda wondered if that low powered a lamp would be effective ;)

Latest posts

Back