reverting back to veg on purpose

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highman

berry berry sneaky!
Reaction score
I have 18 GDP plants growing from seed (they came from a hermied plant) they are about two months old now and they are getting pretty big. I have a question can i send my plants into flowering so i can find the males and then go back to vegging without stunting the growth or any other adverse effects when i want to go full flower? is this not good for the plants?

becuase the came from a hermied plant, prolly not gooing to have definitive male and female.i wouldn't recommend wasting you time revegging. plus the stress of the reveg may make it hermie more. would grow these out and scrap em and get better seeds.
As far as reveg. takes a few weeks sometimes more depending on strain to revert. it is a patience game with them, and with hermie seeds not worth the effort to be honest.

ok thanks.. with hermi seeds are there any greater or less chances of the plant being female?

not worth keeping a hermi
i had blue cheese fem seed
and i dont know what happened but it turned hermi
it was my biggest plant i just had to chop it count my
losses

It is pretty much impossible to say what is going to happen. I take it these are 'selfed' plants. Do you know if they came from a male that later produced flowers, or from a female that hermied to male? If the former, all you're going to get is some foxtail colas that will be seedy. (It's impossible to prevent pollination). If the latter, you will need to be extra vigilant with any females you produce because they'll almost certainly herm. IMO hermie males are useful for certain purposes (producing fem seed), but hermie females, not.

Latest posts

Back