risk takers home made aeroponics good enough 4 E bay?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

risktaker27

midnight toker
Reaction score
thought i would share my home made aeroponic system with you guys i paid 2 bucks for the rubber maid tub im planning on using this 1 day.i was also thinking of selling them on e bay tell what you guys think thx

damn im soo stoned i forgot to upload the pics lol well here we go

IMG_0483.JPG

IMG_0487.JPG

A couple of things... First I do not even see a water pump? I think I see a small air pump but i do not see any water pump or any misters. How does this system work? Is it actually a DWC?

You may want to think about changing that perlite to hydroton, because the perlite will fall through the net pots and get into your rez, which can cause a lot of problems.

Before you ever try selling something you should thoroughly understand the system and ensure that it works the way you want it.

well if you look colse ther is a water pump in the pic and the perlite stuff would work fine the net pots are 3 inch no perlite would fall thru look at new pic .every thing in the pic is what the hydro store gave me when i bought a light hydroponic system combo so why would this not work if the hydro store sells this crap ? e bay sells the same thing i have right here for like 80 bucks thx for the input guys

1 pic 005.jpg

First of all you have to understand aeroponics and the fact that you are now introducing an a water pump and if you are saying aeroponics then 360 or 180 degree misters, which can both clog very easily, I have used everything from 2 inch net pots to 8", and i have used perlite for years, the perlite will break down and fall through the net pots, it is also very dusty when it get dry and is actually a health hazard, you are suppose to wear a dust mask working with dry perlite. If the guy at the hydro store gave you perlite for a hydropnic system inculding net pots, then you may want to look at getting a new hydro store and perlite does not work well with net pots, that is why the vast majority of hydroponic gardeners use expanded clay pellets/ hydroton, that is their purpose, plus they hold both more air and water then perlite. Perlite is a soil amendent to add more aeration to your medium or as a soil-less medium, but with it not staying constantly wet it is way to light of a stubstance to be an effective anchor for your plants.

Either way if you think that someone will buy this for $80 or whatever price when they can easily do what you have done and compile items, then by all means, do what you do.

How does this aeroponic system work?

crist all i wanted too know is what you guys thought its simple to replace the perlite crap if its not considerd aeroponics then is it DWC i never said i was going to sell thes on e bay it was just a thought

risktaker27 said:
crist all i wanted too know is what you guys thought its simple to replace the perlite crap if its not considerd aeroponics then is it DWC i never said i was going to sell thes on e bay it was just a thought

Load a bowl and calm down. You asked questions and you got answers. No reason to get upset. Although some of us may sound a little terse at times, we are here to help you.

Your hydro guy gave you bad advise and/or sold you the wrong stuff. I can absolutely guarantee you that Mass Producer and Tater have FAR more knowledge and experience than that salesperson at the hydro store (who is also trying to make a buck).

If you have a DWC system, you have an air pump and air stones. If you have an aeroponic system, you have a water pump and some kind of manifold (usually PVC) with misters attached. It looks like you have part of 2 different systems.

:48:

thx hemp thats all i wanted to hear .and by the way the water pump did come with a little pvc fiting but nothing else thought that was kinda weird

What are you upset about, no one attacked you. When you ask for answers but don't get the ones you want or expect is that how you normally react? Both mass and I were both trying to help. If you read tone or between the lines of our posts, so to say, then that was all you mang. Its not our fault we thought you were going to try to sell these on ebay, it was you that lead us to believe that, read your first post.

Anywho, the pump you have there isn't enough for true areo but it might work as like a hybrid type system kinda like what I use. You'll need low flow sprinklers and you might want to look into getting the kind that spin and emit larger water droplets as they almost never clog on you. Also get yourself a real ph and tds meter this is a must. There is no wiggle room for debate on this, if you are not using an electronic meter you will never hit your optimum ph levels and this is mucho important when growing hydro. Also the guy at your hydro store is a douche, looks like he was just trying to make a buck, but luckily you found yourself a great forum full of helpful people (just work on that whole lashing out thing and you'll get much better results).

Good luck let us know if you have anymore questions.

Oh yeah and one more thing if you tell me the gph on your pump and if it is a magdrive pump or a diaphragm pump I can tell you exactly how many sprayers you should be able to run without hitting to many snags. Oh yeah and I just thought of something else, you may want to get yourself some panda poly or something else that blocks light and wrap the sides and top of your tub or you are going to have an algae problem, unless you run an ozone generator and use an airstone and pump to pump air into the tub. That kills of everything, including your beneficial's, though. But if you don't grow organic then you don't need to worry about that.

compqt said:
A few people are already seling these on Ebay

well im not planing on useing this any time soon since im still using soil to grow right now at the moment dont have time to mess with hydro.

but my problem befor was i dident like how mass was trying to tell me nobody was going to buy this off E bay for 80 bucks or what ever the price was cuz they could just make it them selves well i know for a fact people would buy this off e bay.not every body has the time to build 1 of thes.and everybody dosent have a local hydro store in ther area.and my best freind is a power seller on e bay has been selling there units for years so with that being said im done im not mad or anything

thx again hemp, tater, for all comments

Yea i had thought about selling these aeroponic systems on ebay. You can buy everything for like $30 from what iveseen on ebay they usually sell for between $40-$80 buck so you can make a few bucks selling these if you get enough traffic on your auction.

XD thats crazy the guy at the hydro store gave you perlite like MASSPRODUCER said perlite will get everywhere and just make a mess you should deffinetly switch to some hydrotron rocks or some lava rock its just easier to deal with.

If I bought that off ebay and it arrived and was full of perlite and the rest of the second rate equipment you have there I would be pissed when I find out that I could have built the same thing for half the price and done a better job. Just my opinion but I'd be willing to bet you would have a pretty bad rep pretty fast. Once again why be angry about it, you asked a question and recieved truthful striaghtforward answers from both Mass and I and you have no reason to be upset with either one of us. If ripping people off on ebay is your end goal then sure yeah go ahead and try to sell them but if you want to stand behind a quality product then what you have isn't it.

Latest posts

Back