Sacramento supervisors outlaw medicinal pot dispensaries in the county

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, the areas that have put bans in place are under fire from support groups. This is leading to petitions, which will lead to a Vote by the residents.
As it sits now, the citizens of the areas effected are at the mercy of a handful of conservitive politicians that just decided to place a ban on it because of thier perception of MMJ.
What needs to happen is a vote by the people of each area. This is what is going to happen.

I'd think following the laws would help the perception, which would paint us in a better light, which would be helpful in swaying the PTB!

I'll add that something Orange posted is telling...forget the dispensaries cause they were never included in prop 215 Something tells me you voters out there forgot to include this and are now working around that problem. Something also tells me this has been a big part of the problem. I even see the mentality "they didn't say no specifically, so it must be yes".

And Hal, none of this is an attack, just pointing out how it looks to us who believe everything we read :D Truly, we're all on the same side, hope there's room for this "bad guy"....keep in mind the majority are much of the same mind as me and only know what the press writes (although you paint me this way, I'm sure you realize this is far from true lol,)

Hick said:
first of all OS, I 'despise' the politic process.A sham of the supposed "of the people, for the people, and by the people"...

i agree---not sure if i have ever been to a "dry county" and really never gave them much thought cause i wasn't dry---i do understand the "regulate you out" process and do get it

last night when i asked to be "edumacated" i had stuck in my head that many cities and counties were actually in effort of banning all use---growing--- dispensing etc...this is what ruffled my feathers and causing my knee jerk reaction which was essentially off the topic at hand---

anywhoo---IMHO dispensaries are great---there should be some regulation on how they should function location, security, etc...---but---putting a number on how many should be allowed is just giving a select few the back stage pass to monopolize what will soon become a legal for profit enterprise

You Roddy just don't get it and never will. This happens most the time when they pass new laws.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to NorCalHal again.

Roddy said:
You are the bad guy....you believe what you read and you believe the glass is half empty. Oh my, then there sure are a lot of us "bad guys" out here....YIKES!

We fully play by the rules my ill informed friend. When there is no ruleset, we rock it out till they make one. This reminds me of the kid asking the mom if he can go out and play, she says no, so he asks the dad....

I love how you pretend to know what is happening in our State...love it.

You really don't see the big picture. Think about it man, it is just like Strip clubs. They are legal in Cali, but some areas don't allow it. So, they had to change zoning alws and amend codes to disallow them.

Same thing. The movement is forcing areas to either regualte, or ban.

When they ban them, that starts the legal process in that particular area. Not only for the opponents, but also, more importantly, the activists to step up and fight the change in court. This is happening everywhere.

Roddy said:
The County had NO CHOICE but to allow dispensaries, as they are legal in California. Dang son, how many times I gotta explain this.
They are legal in the State...period. It is up to each City/County to put up bans or put regulations on them. Simple as that. If a City/County does not have regulations or bans against them, then it is open to anyone to open one.
So yes, the county official was wrong.

So, if I don't lock my doors, it's ok to walk in my house as you please?? I thought following the laws meant the ones in place, not making them as you go and hoping no one gets mad.

I thought you were smarter then this.....

There was no law in place at that time. Once the ban was put in place, they all closed on thier own. I trip on your statement. Wow.

No law in place doesn't mean it's open to do what you wish. when people start acting as if it does, they are then forcing laws to be made, most times against what you want. My guess, and I could be wrong, is that many places would rather be worked with than worked.

Roddy said:
No law in place doesn't mean it's open to do what you wish. when people start acting as if it does, they are then forcing laws to be made, most times against what you want. My guess, and I could be wrong, is that many places would rather be worked with than worked.

Yes it does, the same thing is happening here with the internet cafes(gambling places) they passed the law, they opened up all over the place then the counties/cities/ townships make their regulations.

Part two applies there, then, laws are made to stop what was obviously not meant to happen. However, had there been workings between the two sides, things may have been different. In other words, "mavericks" might not always be the best approach.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

"A"-------@%$#&$%^%@$&#%^--------->"B"

Ahem... If getting from "A" to "B" were easy, MI would have gone first... :cool:

Compulsively and obsessively trying to impose your personal beliefs and unwanted, unsolicited long distance (2,250 miles) opinions and arguements about stuff happening in Cali to people that are actually from Cali? Well, that's just inherently, utterly, totally, undeniably and unexcusably frickin' retarded.

Ok.. Off to work then....

Hey NV....it's not my beliefs, my views or anything.....I think you too misunderstand who the enemy is! You may want to think just who is trying....no IMPOSING these laws upon you, then you'll understand I'm just voicing how it's seen from afar. And you know what, Washington is even further afar than I...

Retarded, such a harsh way to say wrong, really slams the true "impaired".

There is no debating that the federal government says a large amount of you guys are breaking the rules. After watching 3 episodes of weed wars I'm just waiting for the fed's to kick in harborsides doors.

:yeahthat:

From the looks, very little is being done to paint MMJ in a better light, which means we're always going to be outlaws. I'm guessing also that not all the noise is purely coming because TPTB are against MMJ, but also because of public complaints.

Herm said:
There is no debating that the federal government says a large amount of you guys are breaking the rules. After watching 3 episodes of weed wars I'm just waiting for the fed's to kick in harborsides doors.

Well, I'm a gambler, and I would bet the farm that the Feds don't touch Harborside. It's a fight they don't even want.

btw, there has only been 2 episodes, #3 comes on tonight.

Everyone on these boards here are breaking the Feds "rules". At least some of us are standing up and pushing back.

If Roddy had his way, we would all send letters and play nice nice and it will all work out for the greater good.

Don't you understand how laws change bro? Playing nice nice only works if your tryin' to open a popsicle stand, not when it comes to demanding that the goverment recognize that folks will not change and it is THEY who need to change.

Fargin crazy man. Don't you remember Alcohol prohibition? Was it all the kind folks sending letters and voting that repealed it? Heck no.
It was the deluge of "speak easy's" that opened and fed the demand. It was the guy who had the balls to open one and risk his freedom to give you your drink.
It was the cats who started a criminal enterprise bootlegging. You call them criminals....I call them hero's.

Bottom line, prohibition ended because the goverment saw that folks were going to do it anyway and all that it did was make honest folks criminals and criminals rich.

You know....all this crap doesn't matter anyway. It will be legal. Well, "Medical" MJ will be legal, not recreationally. It will be reclassified to Schedule 2, therefore allowing it to be officially "Prescribed", opening the door to Pharma taking control.
You laugh,but that is the way it is going to go down.

Whole 'nother rant there.

What I am tryin' to get at Roddy is simple, and maybe you can understand.

MI has had MMJ since what, Dec '08? all of 3 years.
Lucky for you, you had Cali to look at. All other States have CLEAR regulations on MMJ because of the chaos here in Cali.
I think we can agree on that.

Cali has had MMJ since 1996. 15 years man. Don't you think we should have a good set of regulations by now? Well, we don't. Hence the chaos...duh.
Some areas in Cali, Like Oakland, SF have CLEAR regualtions in place, and you hear of no bad stories coming from there.

It is the other MAJORITY of cali that does not have clear regulations in place, after all this friggin time.

People are sick of it. So, no local regualtions....we will follow State Law.
Some cities rolled with it, some are fighting tooth and nail.

So, don't try to educate me on what I see and live everyday. If we are all on the same team, then listen to what californians have to say, 'specially on a MJ forum.

If you told me something about MI MMJ, I would tend to believe you over a FOX news story........

But then again, I think the glass is half full

I hear you Hal, and I do understand. However, I disagree that breaking the law for change is the only choice and I, like others, see it hurting as much as helping. Maybe if all other choices had been tried before simply being mavericks would have helped, but a bit late now, right?

At least you do now agree that our laws were in part because of your state's actions!! This has been a hard point all along! I feel we're making progress here! :dancing:

Yep, don't really know too much, but with all the back and forth at this point Amsterdam seems like the best choice.

Roddy said:
I hear you Hal, and I do understand. However, I disagree that breaking the law for change is the only choice and I, like others, see it hurting as much as helping.

That is the point at which you are not understanding. No one is breaking the law. Of all the dispensaries that shut down or got closed down by LEO, no one is going to jail. Why? No one broke any laws. They broke "Moral Code".

People opened up shop because they were following the law and felt comfortable enough to do so. Everyone has a team of Lawyers telling them it is OK. Believe me.

Now, because of the slow acting cities/counties, they are just now passing bans and limits.
They are getting shut down after the fact man.

Now all the cats that got shut down are suing in court, forcing the issue.

Like MI, there are people that ran these clubs illegally. There has been a couple of cases of charges files. But with any business, there are going to be folks who push the limits.
I have read a few articals about clubs in MI that got shut down too my friend, and I don't point fingers and lump all MI folks together, neither should you.

I think you get all bristly because I talk about your state and it's bad side....obviously, there's good as well. I don't really lump all together either, just seems pointless to continually say "of course we all know there are bad clubs just as good"...that's a given.

However, how many good press articles have you seen about Cali's dispensaries??? Yep, the issue is the bad stuff, this is why I talk about it, and no, not dismissing the good.

I like the fact there's lawsuits going forward, that's cool. I bet if those who are suing hadn't been shut down, no lawsuit though.....reacting to the issue puts us on the defense, we need to be on the offense more. Something tells me everyone had an idea this wasn't entirely legal, maybe some lawsuits before the ban would have been a good choice as well. We can push them without breaking laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back