sadness...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

herbie99

eam virides custodientes
Reaction score
hi all,
it is with a tremendous amount of sadness and regret that I inform you all that my cute little girls have seemingly grown into strapping young men...:mad:

these were from nirvana ice seeds that I had high hopes for. oh well, back to the drawing board.

since I'm just starting at this and my space is limited, I've been trying to get a couple strains that I can keep and cut from. time to pop some more into the dirt. wish me luck.

Picture 010-001.jpg

Picture 011-001.jpg

Sorry for that bad luck man, consider saving one of those fellas for some seed runs!

Good luck with your next pop

Iron Emmett said:
Sorry for that bad luck man, consider saving one of those fellas for some seed runs!

Good luck with your next pop

good idea emmett, although it poses one more question...
how long before he starts spewing his nasty pollen?? my flower booth is fairly close to my veg station and I don't want to risk the ladies that are in there. I'm also holding out hope for a few others that haven't shown definitive sexuality yet.

OR...he's only been going 12/12 for about 5 days. could I go back to full light, kick him back to veg, and let him run his course once the ladies are done in the flower booth???

That sucks Herbie....were they regular beans at least? How many did ya pop?
I went 10 for 10 male wise with a ten pack of Nirvana AK 48. I popped 3 twice and 4 the last run. Waste of money and time for sure.

Hamster Lewis said:
That sucks Herbie....were they regular beans at least? How many did ya pop?
I went 10 for 10 male wise with a ten pack of Nirvana AK 48. I popped 3 twice and 4 the last run. Waste of money and time for sure.

indeed Hamster. I popped two of ten so I still have a few more chances.
regular seeds. not overly concerned about the money, however it was a serious waste of time. On the plus...only my second grow, and I'm learning alot.

better luck next time, huh?

I would pop at least 3 at a time...unless you just don't have the room. In a perfect world I would do the whole ten pack but I just don't have that kinda room with all the different strains I have going right now. Be careful with the males....they can release a little pollen early on before they look fully developed. I like to take my males to a different part of the house and keep the under one small cfl on 12-12 till they spew. Then I collect the pollen and use a paint brush to apply to my female of choice.

im a firm believer in poping alot of beans at once. even if you happen upon all females. you can always choose the best of the bunch & loose the rest

If you go to the Propagation section there is a good thread on How To Produce Mostly Females From Standard Seeds
Sorry about you luck,hope this helps......:icon_smile:

There is no waste of time with regular seeds. It's nature. You never know what your gonna get. Just wait till you strike gold and you will re-think that statement. I used to hunt down packs of 50 seeds to find one special girl.

And is this supposed to be the start of a grow journal? If so, don't name it sadness! That's bad juju. Something like rainbows and butterflies or something :)

I'm with Shortbus--always start more seeds than you want or need. Sometimes you get surprised and get mostly males or mostly females, but things usually come out somewhat even overall. If you want 2 plants, I would start 4-5 seeds.

Think about learning to clone when you get some females and them you won't have to worry about seeds.

@hemp goddess, you mentioned cloning to me on a previous thread. I have had some positive results in that area. I in fact had several clones going with the plants that ended as males. hence my reason for starting so few. so needless to say, I'm in good shape, was just a little sad(sorry chef) that the ice strain ended up busting. So I'm taking my lemons and making lemonade, I've taken my males, created a little nook in the corner by the dartboard, and we're on a seed run. woohoo, I'm still smiling.
Now I have to start reading up on seed farming.

thanks all.

herbie99 said:
@hemp goddess, you mentioned cloning to me on a previous thread. I have had some positive results in that area. I in fact had several clones going with the plants that ended as males. hence my reason for starting so few. so needless to say, I'm in good shape, was just a little sad(sorry chef) that the ice strain ended up busting. So I'm taking my lemons and making lemonade, I've taken my males, created a little nook in the corner by the dartboard, and we're on a seed run. woohoo, I'm still smiling.
Now I have to start reading up on seed farming.

thanks all.

Good to hear Herbie....bean runs can be fun. Nothing like making your own stock and not having to buy more. Good luck bro and green mojo.

Latest posts

Back