School me on rosin presses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Triple Sec

Reaction score
Buddy is hooking me up with a press. No idea atm which brand. All i know is it cost him $500+.

Im not going to be using a nail or other dab device. I just want to turn surplus popcorn bud into rosin that i can add to a bowl/joint/bong ect. Im hoping i can avoid the need for bags but thats not off the table.

If im just adding it to a bowl or whatever, is a bag still a big deal?
Will the return be better using the bag?
Will larger micro bag yield more?

My buddy bought one at a Cannabis Cup. Paid $1200 for it. I think he used it less than a dozen times. After he used up his bags, I think he switched to using parchment paper. Don't quote me, though.

Youtube's got some videos on using parchment paper. Might wanna check 'em out.
I did that right off the bat. Lots of those guys are selling stuff and will say anything to make a sale.

But it looks like if you smash small amounts such as a gram at a time its no problem. The surface area of a loose gram mimics the surface area of a 3.5gram mesh bag when pressed. I got plenty of "practice popcorn" i can try. The press could be larger that then video from NugSmasher i watched. I wont know until i see the press he has.

A pre-press might be a good idea too just to get the puck shape ready for the press.

Latest posts

Back