Screwdriver's White Widow grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the comments.

Esther is in flower for about 24 days. Shes doing great with no ill effects from my new light. Temps are running under 33c near the top of cabinet away from direct light as best as I could find. Temps are around 30c at the soil level. It just doesn't feel too hot in there so I think that area is good enough for me.
DSCN4858.JPG

Ruth, however, ain't doing great. I had two Big Bud that took a hit from the heat below. The big buds were a little farther along and I think the roots burned sitting right over the light. The temps in veg were about 44c. Where they sat, above the light, must have been really hot. Got my new scrubber in place which sits over the light. Temps are now 33c.
Ruth seems to be on a slow decline. She is continuing to be stressed from something. The soil is still wet two days after watering so she isn't progressing how she should be. Being desperate, I transplanted her into fresh soil and crossed my fingers.
DSCN4857.JPG

24 days and looking that good, your going to have some nice big buds!

great happy plants there man, and you should get a nice harvest from them dude...happy days ahead!

Fingers still crossed and beginning to hurt. Ruth looks weak and new growth doesn't look very good. She is growing, that's a good thing, just slow.
DSCN4874.JPG

Esther is growing like mad. 31 days. Oops.
Pulling her out I broke her arm.:eek:
DSCN4862.JPGDSCN4863.JPG
I put a drop of water in the crack and quickly zip tied. Its been 3 or 4 days and the only damage I see is on the tip top bud the pistils are shriveled. The rest of the limb still looks healthy. She is dropping her lower fan leaves a little early. I gave her a little triple phos and lime.
DSCN4876.JPG

Ruth is finally starting to pick up. She is using more water and new growth is looking healthy. I think I'll have tea with her in a few days.
DSCN4882.JPG

At day 40.
Esther's limb that was broken looks completely healed. This is the top of the bud from that limb. The only difference I see is the size and shape of the pistils and that is only in that area. The rest of the limb looks normal..
DSCN4883.JPGDSCN4885.JPG
Here is a burnt top on one of the buds. It wasn't the closest to the light. New growth is squirting out the side.
DSCN4886.JPG

Gave her a little gauno and cottonseed meal.
DSCN4881.JPG

I think the blue line is from the flash. (below)

Attachments

• DSCN4884.JPG
    DSCN4884.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 61
Man, I haven't been on here in awhile and it is nice to see some new members on here growing with such success. Keep up the growing.

Rockydog out.

Hey SD Wicked Grow! I Read The Hole Journal Keep Up The Great Work Mate :)

Nice work,

I think that I ought to tell you I am impressed with your devotion to doing the repairs on her broke arm. Looks like you set the arm very well, though I would have liked seeing you use a bit of parafin to further protect the wound from an assortment of opportunistic diseases. Still well done indeed, and the good care is showing in those sweet pics.
Thanks for sharing and show us some more, we love it.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Thanks for stopping in.

I didn't know about the parafin? I'm going to research it. Crossing fingers worked:woohoo: Because of the water line in front when I remove her the limbs are top heavy and catch on things. Just letting her grow freestyle, I'll do some LST on my new girl since it looks like she'll survive.

Yeah,
You know who taught me about LST was BombBudPuffa, I think he really has it down to a fine art. You might want to ask him a bit about it. In some of my younger days I did grafting with different types of cuts and thread and parafin. Got to be careful to not get it inside of the wound as it is designed as an outer protector. You can find plain parafin at any hobby store and I hear that they now have a type that is treated with an antiseptic of some sort that promotes growth of scar tissue for the wound. Got to read up on it some more myself.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

King, I was thinking of ear plug wax for swimming.

I was just looking at Ruth and I could see that she wanted my to touch her.
DSCN4887.JPG
She has three main branches. So my technique is to pinch, roll in between each node. This is "LOW" stress, so when I tie her down she still has enough to resist the tie. I've laid them down with kinking and splitting the stem and they still grow. I like the shape of the stem when they have a smooth curve instead of a knarley knot.
Where I actually bend the stem, I will roll a little more between my fingers too soften so she bends smooth.
DSCN4888.JPGDSCN4889.JPGDSCN4890.JPG

This time I am using this green plastic coated wire because it was handy. Now she is bent into three directions.
DSCN4891.JPG

super cool... would love to see you do a tutorial or a write up on how to do LST. :) Your plants are looking great!! I cant wait to get some of my whites in.

Hello md.apothecary. I haven't run across many tutorials on LST and would be interested in seeing some myself. Putting that on a To-Do list.

After a few hours of light she bends up and the race begins.
DSCN4892.JPG

i must have missed it in the sticky... but i guess im still confused, however i will post it there. Thanks!

looks like you got a lil` burn there Screwdriver.
how old is the one you`re LST`ing?
i think me and esther would make a great couple:hubba: she`s one fine lady.

Heres how not to LST. Started as normal.
DSCN4893.JPGDSCN4894.JPGDSCN4895.JPG

Too much, even though I didn't think so.
DSCN4896.JPG

shuggy4105, I think I cooked the roots with my flower cab light. Maybe soil ??? I reuse the soil haven't had any other problems. Tossed the whole thing just in case.
She's at 44 days. I know she should be a freaking bush by now. It seems I have been playing with her too long and forgot about my schedule. She's is too far gone to get a good harvest, but I'll follow her to the end.

Esther, she's taken. I have gotten to know her the last three months and I think I'm going to pop the question. I'm waiting for her to turn a little amber.:hubba:
DSCN4898.JPGDSCN4906.JPG

:holysheep: incredible... I am ALWAYS fascinated by seeing peoples pictures of their flowering plants, it's just so amazing! They always look so awesome! Very nice!!

Latest posts

Back