scrubber concerns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucus86

Reaction score
I have 735 cfm of space in my flowering room( little less cause somes walls are angled) i have a 8" maxfan i bought to use as scrubber fan, that i was planning on purchasing a phresh filter 8x24 850 cfm to attach to, will this situation work? I also have a 8" active air centi. Fan 745cfm that i can use ( i was planning on using for my 2 hoods for a\c ) and Im going to be using a 6" max fan for exhaust of this room( Attached to thermostat), the room is in a basement with cement floor plus most of the walls too. The only thing i havent purchased is the filter and wanted to make sure my plans for this room make sense to more skilled growers, if anyone has any other advice on fan configuration for this room it would be greatly appreciative

You have 735 cu feet of space? What are your room dimensions? What are you using for lighting? I know you didn't ask, but I doubt that 2 lights can adequately light as much space as you have....unless you have 12' ceilings. Rather than get another fan, I would suggest trying to get the room size a little smaller and buy more lighting. Although it is nice to see you so concerned about ventilation. That is something that can get overlooked and is very important.

room dimensions are kind whack so i drew a rough picture in paint(obviously lines are not to scale , the room has a 9 foot ceiling, going to be running 2 1000 with raptor hoods
the way i calculated the cufeet was i looked at the room as two rectangles and added them together, i forgot how to do volume of triangles (that is why i mentioned earlier that the cfm of room is actually less then i stated above because some of the walls angle so i did 11x5.5x9 (544.5cfm)and 8.5x 2.5 x 9(191.25cfm) and added the together

room dimensions.jpg

Just as a side note, cfm stands for cubic feet per minute and pertains to air movement. Cu ft and sq ft are room measurements. In sq ft (which we use when calculating lighting needs) 11x5.5=55 sq ft. 8.5x2.5=21.25 sq ft. for a total of approx 76.25 sq ft. A 1000W lamp is going to adequately cover approx 30 sq ft. I don't know where your access to this space is, but if you do not have a separate vegging space, you might want to set one up and get your flowering space closer to 60 sq ft. I really really like having a vegging/cloning space and a flowering space.

3 other rooms already 2 veg and 1 flowering, my original flowering room is 12x6x8.5 (LxWxH) some of the space is taken up by fans A/C, Scrubber etc. so 2 1000s works for my setup plus i dont like feeling cramped when i go in the room
my veg rooms are 12x6x8.5 and 8x5.5x8
my concern isnt really the footprint of my lights its the ventilation of the new flowering room im setting up, being as its in the basement and i cant have any scents leaking into the house, my og flowering room is in a garage attic and is vented upwards out of the gable 30 ft above ground level so smell wasnt an issue with that room, the problem i ran into with this room is theres no practical way of maintaining ideal temps during the summer monthes,( thats why im building a new room in the basement where the ambient temperture never goes above 65 even in the summer,
once this room is finished i will have 4 rooms kicken from october to april and then 2 rooms from may to august
does that make sense??

look at the revised pic i added the door opening and the veg room that sits right beside it

room dimensions.jpg

Not feeling cramped is a big bonus. I think your ventilation plants will work just fine. You may not even need the extra fan. The one the filter is going to be connected to may work well enough to exchange the air in the space.

what do u mean by extra fan?? my plan is to use 3; one for exhaust of the room(attached to CAP thermostat) 1 for exhaust of light hoods , and one attached to carbon filter(scrubber setup) this way i can use co2 further down the road with this configuration

If I am understanding you correctly, you are going to have the fan/filter/scrubber as a stand alone air scrubber and then have a separate exaust to pull stale air from the room, and then the lights will be vented separately as well. Is this correct? If so, you may want to get a second filter to connect onto the end of the exaust line within the room. The reason is that your stand alone scrubber may not get all of the smell before it can get sucked out of the room through the room exaust. Having a filter on the exaust itself will ensure that all air being sucked out will be filtered, while the stand alone scrubber cleans the air within, which will make the exaust filter last longer :)

Latest posts

Back