Secret Jardin Tent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

The Hemp Goddess

I am thinking about a Secret Jardin DR 150W--a 3 x 5 x 79" tent. It would fit in the bedroom I am going to be using better than a 4 x 4. Anyone using Secret Jardin? I was all set to buy the lodge and then discovered that it is only 5' tall...weird.

Is there anything about the Jardin that's different from the other tents?

One thing.... mine is 3x5 and the hid lights give terrible coverage. Half the tent space was wasted. Then, I put an 8 bulb T5 in and I love the size. Easy to reach plants in the back row. Nice and wide. My beef was coverage until I dumped the MH and got the T5. Love that size now.

I looked at some of those Jardin tents and some have 2 chambers. One for veg and one for flower. Pretty neat.

I've heard nothing but good about Secret Jardins, but have no personal experience. My tent of choice is Sun Hut :aok: Best price point / build quality. DON'T get Lighthouse whatever you do, or the cheap-o's (IMO) :D

Nope, but just purchased a 4x8 Gorilla tent for clones and veg. Seems I may outgrow this down the road because of table and res limitations although the res can a will be outside in the near term. Always as you know more than most, more space is better so if you have the space for sure. I have read what you are looking at are great tents but I will say, the Gorilla brand far exceeded my expectations for quality and usaibility so far. I have the Gorilla Light version. A savings in material but not quality vs the more expensive and heavier weight version and I Like having all the venting and access options/ durability that are built into the Gorilla lite line of tents plus the option to make it taller. Just my thoughts, perhaps not the best price point but $431 delivered is not bad for the use of it. Happy shopping.

I got one when i first started growing. It was very nice but i couldn't cool it well enough so gave it away years ago. Shoot.

Best brand of tent I have bought and still use. I like the way their zippers work for light proofing.
Highly recommend and will purchase again.

Thanks all. I don't know if there is anything "special" about the SJ, but I do remember there was someone here who liked them...maybe Multi? I'll check out Sun Hut. The Gorilla tents are a bit costy--hoping to save a bit. I will be buying a tent, somewhere around 15-16 sq ft, but prefer a narrower, longer one than square. I didn't see a lot of 3 x 5 whereas there are tons of 4 x 4s. I may only end up with access on one side depending on how I set things up. But the entire operation is moving from my master bath closet and bedroom to the spare bedroom and I am going to have to use tents.

I loved the Secret Jardin Lodge--the 2 room one, but it is only 5' tall. I thought that was a bit too short, especially since I will be looking to use LEDs.

Duck, I was typing while you were responding. Thanks. I can get one for a pretty good price. Unless I see something that really stands out, I think I will go with that.

I think this may be the closest thing to the dimensions you're wanting, at least from Sun Hut:

Sun Hut Fortress 85 - 2.5 ft x 4.6 ft x 7.1 ft
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Sun-Hut-Fortress-85-2-5/dp/B00S27S7RQ[/ame]

There's also this, but I think it's too big:

Sun Hut Blackout 200 Tent, 7.9 by 3.9 by 6.6'
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Sun-Hut-Blackout-200-Tent/dp/B00W8WLKW0/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1431568250&sr=1-2-fkmr0&keywords=Sun+Hut+Blackout%E2%84%A2+200[/ame]

Also, here's the original, but again.. not your specs :)

Sun Hut "The Original" 4x4x7
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Sun-Hut-Original-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B001AWCJ7O/ref=sr_1_2?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1431568337&sr=1-2&keywords=Sun+Hut+The+Original[/ame]

Thanks for the links DGF. LOL--checking out the 2.5 x 4.6--it is about $420 bucks--a bit much for both my pocketbook and my tastes--it cannot be that much better. Don't understand why it is priced so high say compared to the 4 x 4. I see that the fabric is very thick, but I do not think I need that. The 600d tent that I have now does great and has stood up well to putting it up and taking it down, which I have done several times.

Given my space, I am going with the 3 x 5--wish more people offered that size, but the SJ does have a good reputation as a quality tent. I do know the cheaper ones can tear easily, have zippers that fail or leak light, etc, so want to go with something decent, but not something that will break the bank.

Thanks all.

http://www.bghydro.com/sun-hut-fortress-85-25-ft-x-46-ft-x-71-ft.html

Price - $234.12
Shipping - Ground $59.80

Total: $293.92

Now, I've not used this site, but this was a quick search.. because Amazon is not always the cheapest.

"Don't trust everything you read on Amazon" (hah, get it? Cause of what you say about YouTube?!!) hahahaha Juuuuuust a joke, hope you read it that way. I'm giggling over here :D :rofl:

Honestly, yeah, go with the Secret Jardin. I bet that would be the absolute best for your situation without a doubt!

My dream tent was the SJ's and Gorilla's.

Hi THG i have a Secret Jardin 8 x 4 tent and the build quality and materials used are top class, the only downside is the zippers can allow a little light into the tent as the zipper flaps are not wide enough, saying this i have no light entering tent issues as its in a spare unlit bedroom.
Peter

Peter, mine is going to be in a spare unlit bedroom, too. I have been using it for an everything room as I do not have a shop (okay I DO have a shop, but it is full of plumbing stuff). The floor is completely covered with a tarp and the entire room is wrapped in panda film, even blocking off the windows. I would do woodworking things in there--sand, varnish, cut lumber, spray paint, etc. Thanks for the input. Hoping it will be here the end of the week.

Latest posts

Back