Seed/breeding question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raisin Jackson

Reaction score
Ok maybe a few questions:
I understand that male pollen added to a female will produce a cross of the 2 crop of seeds, but what seeds does the male grow? Is it just his strains beans, male and female?

What do the 2 sides add, like it must matter which is the female and what is the male. Will they both add the same amount of genetic material or is one more dominate in passing down it's traits, and if so, which side?

Like say I have a haZe male and female and an afgani male and female. Which cross would be indica dominate and which one sativa?

Your questions are not easily answered. It depends. Each parent contribute 50% of genes, but which are dominate and which are recessive...depends.Its all a guess until you grow out the seeds and see what is dominate whats not. Even with F1, there will be some variation in phenotype. With an F2, there will be a lot more phenotypes. Theory would suggest that x female and y male will produce the same off spring as x male and y female. However, I think you would have to grow them out to see for sure.

:yeahthat: :goodposting: The male does not produce any seeds at all just pollen that when the female recieves it she starts forming the seeds. Unless you plants are growing seperately both female will have recieved pollen from both males and you will never know what is the male father strain of the seeds is. The best way to cross is with 1 male at a time you know the parent strains for sure.

Latest posts

Back