Seed have arrived and Ebb n flow has been set up, LES DO IT!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Papaya123

Reaction score
Well after being on these forums for 2 months i have finally started and about to jot down my grow journal, which i will prolly do after this. As stated, I have a ebb n flow hydro system with rockwool with 1k watt ballast and MH bulb (The ballast is switchable). Now my question is what type of water( distilled, tap, or purified) can i use and should i use? I have began the germy process by using the paper towel method last night and when its time to transfer the seedlings to my medium (rockwool), how would i go about preparing the rockwool where its sutiable, meaning as do i use nutes ( Im going to use GH nutes Grow, Bloom and Boost) mixed in with the water to soak my rockwool in or do I just soak the rockwool without any nutes to prep it for my little greeners project? Would i need a timer for the pump or do i just run it all day (Question going out to the ebb n flow growers).

First to prep your rockwool you will need to soak it in plain water that has a ph of around 5.5 to bring down the PH in the rockwool cube. You do not need any nutes just yet.

Yes you will need a timer for your ebb & flow system, I am not really an ebb & flow guy but I think most people use 3 floods per day, when the light is on, and each feeding lasts about 15-30 minutes. If you had no timer and were flooding all day, your plants wouldn't recieve enough dissolved Oxygen and would quickly die.

Good luck with your grow

I soak in pHed water, with Hydroguard and Liquid Karma, no food just yet. But there is nothing wrong with the stuff that seedlings can have...like LK or even Vegan Compost Tea from GH, it's organic and gentle and helps IMO but is not something you NEED to do. If it's your first go at it just do like Massproducer says just use water.

hey snuggles,how much of that hydroguard do you use for each gallon when doing this? Thanks alot Bro

snuggles said:
I soak in pHed water, with Hydroguard and Liquid Karma, no food just yet. But there is nothing wrong with the stuff that seedlings can have...like LK or even Vegan Compost Tea from GH, it's organic and gentle and helps IMO but is not something you NEED to do. If it's your first go at it just do like Massproducer says just use water.

Woops, not sure if this is clear but use either LK or VCT seperately not together...it's a waste since they are both pretty similar. Sorry for any confusion, and just so most people know I do not do many rockwool grows but I germ in it a lot so I may not be the guy to listen to but it works for me.

Latest posts

Back