seed packs should be dated

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flashgee

Reaction score
i think breeders should have the date the seeds inside where harvested or packaged.it would help the customer know how fresh the seeds they are handing there money over for are.i think the older the seeds are the cheaper they should be.seeds are perishable items,all other perishable stock has a sell-by date of some sort.i dont think a sell by would work for seeds,but maybe the older the seeds are the less they should cost. 10% discount every 6 month or something like that.

green house seeds do seval types of packs....

5packs
10packs
fem packs
colour coded packs
mixed packs

maybe these "dated packs" could be a new line for them and other breeders alike.

who know how long some of the seeds that we are buying have been stuck on a shelf in a warehouse somewhere waiting to be ordered.that dont help germ ratio's to much does it.

some breeders might be thinking about them losing money as they seeds get older the price goes down....but after a while they would start to go back up and could be sold as classic/old school beans

what does this thread have to do with germination techniques?

Maybe should have been posted under coffee table

pcduck said:
what does this thread have to do with germination techniques?

Maybe should have been posted under coffee table

i was thing that alot of seeds are kept in warehouses sometimes for years before being sold,this can cause problems when it comes to germing them.if the seed banks put a seeds born date on the packs,you know how fresh your seed are.

and this is what type of germination technique

i thought that people who are having problems germing there seeds would have liked to input there views on this tread.

we all would but there is no way of that unless they put something on the pack that changes colour if it gets wet or to hot/cold

There is one fatal flaw to your suggestion. You are making the assumption that the sellers care. Most seeds aren't sold by the actual breeders, and once it leaves their hands it's buyer beware. Stick to well reputed seed sellers and you shouldn't have to worry to much.

Really? Because it has nothing to do with germinating seeds. Coffee table fodder for sure. Not ripping on the post or the poster, just where it was posted, not that I care that much but it does make things easier when a forum is well organized.

can one of the mods move this tread to a more suitable place...thanks

or just scub it from the forum and i will re-write and post again some where else....cheers

I think if the freaken seed pops,,great. I also think that the fact you can buy seeds is great thing. So now ya want the guys who are selling Beans,(ilegal in most states by the way),,,, to Date them for you?

Would ya like a chunk of cheese and a glass of wine with that order Sir.:D Or how about they just send ya some free seeds,,,OH yea,,they already do that.

Customer service is a huge part of what drives sales, even in the seed business.

Bad customer service = pissed off people and no repeat customers. I think this

would only help any seedbank that decided to do it. Its Genius!!

Yeah,, I cant wait for Drive-up Service and a Christmas Card.:ignore: By the way,,Im just jacken wit ya. Me personaly,,I could give a crap about the date as long as the beans are popping and a good smoke.

I can only dream of a drive-up seedbank in the US for non med users.

I would probably own every strain there is.

CowboyBudsky said:
I think if the freaken seed pops,,great. I also think that the fact you can buy seeds is great thing. So now ya want the guys who are selling Beans,(ilegal in most states by the way),,,, to Date them for you?

Would ya like a chunk of cheese and a glass of wine with that order Sir.:D Or how about they just send ya some free seeds,,,OH yea,,they already do that.

i am in the uk,we can buy seeds in the uk,its not against the law over here to buy/sell seeds.your just not aloud to grow them.silly laws but true.so yeah i would like them to date there seeds.just like all other items that are perishable have a sell by dates on them.i know there is no chance of this happening but it would be good.it would have to be a "born on date" or "date of harvest" and not a grow by date,because over here your not aloud to grow them.

Latest posts

Back