seedling care

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patandy

Reaction score
Hey, I was wondering how close to put one week old seedlings from a florescent light. Also when should I begin feeding nutes and what type of nutes?

i currently have a blueberry and afgan X Master Kush seedling

the best way to figure it out is using your own hand, put your hand on top of the highest part of the plant, with the top of your hand facing the light, if your hand is hot within 30 - 60 seconds then they are too close, if you feel the heat from the light then the plants do too.

Nutes depend on the soil u are using, if its organic then do some research on the grow guides and journals so you can make your own decision on feeding habits and what to use, try and find a grow that is similar to yours in the journals also..
If the soil feeds for a period of time then hold your nutes for at least 2-3 weeks, and then start with a very low solution of nutes and see how they react, start working you way up to the standards specified by the company if they seem to like it...

thanks for such a quick reply..... the lights i am using are actually very cool an do not make my hand very hot at all....does this mean i should put my plants as close as possible?

yes, as long as temps are good go 2-4 inches.. whats the wattage and temps of the room?

its an 80 watt and the temp is 82.....aslo, do you think that having the plants inches from the light will prevent stem stretching?

yes it willkeep them from stretching,but with the temp at 82 i would be concerned withn the air between the plants and the lights getting hotter, so unless u get a cooler temp on the room, i would keep a close eye on them for burns just to be on the safe side..

the issue with the light so close is getting light to the whole plant once it starts growing and branching out, which means more lighting, 82 degrees isnt bad, but 76 is Perfect for growing, if you can find a way to ventilate more or cool the air a little more it will make it that much easier on the plants to grow.

thanks im going to make the temp adjustments and keep an eye on burning...i have also herd conflicting reports on whether or not to put a gentle fan on seedlings----will this hurt them or could it make the stems stronger? also currently i have the one seedling in a jiffy pellet, do you think that this is a good starting medium for the plant? hahah sooo many questions

Roll a fat one get comfortable and do some reading here, This is like a mini boot camp on growing MJ. I guarantee you spend some time reading here and your end results could be awesome..

Fans from day 1 are great for the stems and to keep the plants cooler, as long as it isnt bloowwing the plant out of its root..

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5837

my plants currently look very healthy the only possible problem i can see with them is that the stem gets thicker at the top...overall the plants stem can strongly support the weight, however these 2 plants had stretched stems at week 1

Mine too...what's up with that? Doesn't seem to be a problem bcuz the stem below is strong enough so far, but unlike any other plant I have grown in my convential gardening life.

Is a thicker stem upstairs normal for mj?:confused:

I remember some phototron grows that had plants with thinner bottoms...somewhere around the first couple inches. Then as they grew the stem thickend and either became even for the most...or became thicker. Course I have yet to flower.

Yeah, I'm noticing that. As they grow on, the bottom is catching up

Latest posts

Back