Sen. Grassley Claims New JAMA Study Should Alter Administration’s Marijuana Policy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burnin1

Reaction score
From marijuana.com

gummies-edipure-2-702x336.jpg

Iowa: Sen. Grassley Claims New JAMA Study Should Alter Administration’s Marijuana Policy

By Monterey Bud on July 28, 2016

Ignoring today’s true menaces – alcohol, tobacco, and over-the-counter pharmaceuticals – Sen. Chuck Grassley thinks the feds have turned a blind eye to some of the more nuanced issues surrounding the enforcement of legal marijuana in the US.

Like keeping pot from tiny inquisitive hands.

grassley_charles.jpg

Senator Grassley

Citing a recent pediatric study performed by JAMA (Journal of the American Medical Association), Sen. Chuck Grassley from The Hawkeye State is now accusing Pres. Obama and the Department of Justice of naïvely discounting the perils of marijuana legalization — which JAMA just concluded resulted in a 150% increase in exposure to marijuana for Colorado’s youngest residents.
“Conclusions and Relevance: Colorado RPC [regional poison centers]cases for pediatric marijuana increased significantly and at a higher rate than the rest of the United States, suggesting that legalization did affect the incidence of exposures.”
Sen. Grassley then utilized JAMA’s assumption to criticize the DOJ’s oversight of Colorado; “The Obama administration should stop burying its head in the sand,” regarding recreational marijuana enforcement. Seemingly oblivious of the fact legal killers lurk in just about every American household, Sen. Grassley condemned BHO (Barack Hussein Obama) and the DOJ for not protecting Colorado’s kids from its state-sanctioned recreational marijuana.
“New data shows just how badly it’s failed to do so, especially with edible products sold in shapes and packaging that appeal to children.”
Rather than accepting JAMA and Grassley’s assertion, let’s look at data provided by The American Association of Poison Control Centers, whose aggregated data was published in the Washington Post. In their annual report from 2012, the provided info gives greater insight to the number of reported poisoning cases for other common substances as compared to marijuana.

More_dangerous_than_marijuana.jpg

Though the above data is four years old, it suggests hazards are everywhere. And that, it’s up to today’s parents to act responsibly by educating their kids about the dangers of playing with things they don’t understand while at the same time keeping potential problems locked up and out of reach.

Bearing in mind the above infographic measures “exposures” in increments of 10,000 – according to the American Association of Poison Control Centers, between January 2013 and December 2015 there was a total of 430 marijuana-related reports to US poison centers. Of the reported cases, 166 came from Colorado, 96 from Washington, 26 from Oregon, 6 from Hawaii, 10 from Nevada, 8 from Utah, 1 from Alaska, 4 from Connecticut, 11 from Michigan … and 6 from Minnesota.

With just north of 315 million people calling America home, It’s unfortunate the national number of cannabis related exposures hit 430 for the reported time period. That said, it’s equally important to remember that common household items were responsible for the poisoning of more than 200,000 people. All things being considered, that’s a pretty damn good track record.

So, while Sen. Grassley looks to demonize the legalization of marijuana through any means possible, he might want to remember, weed doesn’t poison people … but ignorance most certainly does.

HNM-1-2-Doses-Warning-Label-for-Edibles.jpg

http://www.marijuana.com/blog/news/...hould-alter-administrations-marijuana-policy/

(Photo Courtesy of Allie Beckett)

I want the government to untie the hands of my doctor. To let them treat me with the most safe options. As of now I eat poision with mild help. I want my doctor to be able to prescribe me what I need. Not some watered down version the DEA is comfortable with. I don't want to end up on oxy. I want to grow my plants and be left alone. This stuff is the best medicine. So they are worried about kids getting it. What about kids drinking? Fight that fight. Alcoholism is a known disease. Pot head is not a known disease. Sorry if I get in pain and need a little extra. I'm not giving my liver up because some AAHHH wants to stop me from getting my life back.
The government has over reached authority with medical care. HIPPA should allow only the people I state by name to know my medicines. The government is to serve the wants of the nation. I'm still waiting for my service plate. They don't serve me or my illness. I have been in such pain lately. Last night I got some help from some stale medicine. Now my body is hurting. Why they don't understand I will never know. It really does not make sense.
I got to get out of here. Before my filter falls off. If I speak that truth not good......................

I hate to admit it but this whole drug war and all the craziness that it creates is the result of old narrow minded righteous white men. Mostly my generation.
History shows time and time again that their is some genetically muted gene that makes a lot of us (older white males) want to crush anybody who seems to be happier or more contented.
IMHO it is a fear that they may not be able to control all aspects of their life.....Which they understand to mean controlling everyone else.
Its in government, religion and seems to invade all social areas.
Just need to rant sometime...........

I got real world problems about this stuff !-- I got to get RSO to a patient in the VA hospital in Houston !-- U do know what happens if I get caught ?--

The old vet has to be aware enough to work with me because there's no one who will be there to give it to him regularly !-- Best idea so far is to turn the RSO into a tincture and put it in a brown dropper bottle labeled "Holy Water" ! - I guess U can tell I never did anything risky before !

Latest posts

Back