Shock.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trent45

Reaction score
I recently transplanted my babies to there finals homes, yay!

Anyways, I let the plants go without water for abou 6 days so that the dirt was nice and dry so I could transplant without any root damage or extra stress.

So I ot them in the dirt and gave them a big helping of water, they definatly were a little saggy due to the lack of water, however they are sagging more due to the transplant. Anyways, was just curious as to how long till the whole plant gets back and perky, benn 24 hours, heard the norm is 24-48 hours.

And was watering after I trasnplanted okay?? They were very thirtsy

they should be fine trent. i let mine dry also, the transplant, then water immediately. keep a fan blowing on 'em so the tops are moving lightly, and you'll be fine...bb...

Yeah, I'll have a look see in the morning and hopefully they will be a bit happier. I wasn't sure to water right away but it had to be done. And I have a fan lightly blowing on em 24/7

Actually, I believe it's best to water right before doing the transplant. Then, water again after transplanting. Water travels from the soil into the roots, up the roots, into the stems and branches,and then into the leaves where it is transpired into the atmosphere. When we transplant we don't want to interrupt this flow of water from the roots to the leaves, etc. As water is transpired into the surrounding air it must be replaced by water that moves from the roots upward.

Eh my plant soil is kept outside, stays nice an humid. I transplanted my 20 solo cups just by letting them totally dry out then cut the bottoms off underneath a large pots with 'moist' dirt. I didn't water before or after n ma plants are looking gr8. I'd recomend next time using some nice rock wool mediums in a large pot. That will nearly garuntee they sprout n stay healthy with no transplant, granted there will still be a lot of work to put in.

Same hear andy, its much easier to work the whole plant out of the pot, place in new soil and then water, my plants dont show signs from transplant related stress, never been an issue.

I can see that it should be easier when dry because it's lighter and will tend to shrink away from the sides of the pot. I transplant when wet. I just feel that it's less of a shock that way. But coco is an easy medium for transplanting.

ive always transplanted when the soil is just damp the whole pot comes out without breaking up at all ,,,and fits nicely into the new pot ,,fill the bottom of the new pot ,,then once the whole plant is sitting in fill in with new soil and press down gently ,,,allways worked for me with no drooping or signs of stress,,,:peace:

Latest posts

Back