Should I consider a transplant?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

getnasty

Reaction score
My nearest guess is that the pots theyre in now are 3 gallon bags that I've fenagled out of fabric grocery bags using a little sewing thread, a need, and a little ingenuity. My girls are pretty big right now. 8 weeks into veg, and still not showing sex. Though a buddy of mine says he see's indications of females... dominate indications. He's calling the stipules preflowers, and I do not see them present in some pictures of males, so he may be right, and I'm just a noob. ;) Anyways, I'm wondering if I should consider transplanting the two large plants into full sized fabric grocery bags. I estimate those to be about 5 gallon, maybe 6. If I leave them in their current bags, aren't they going to become rootbound?

2012-04-13_13-45-29_555.jpg

2012-04-13_13-45-38_413.jpg

That is just a personal decision, I would transplant and others may not. I grow in 5 gallon smart pots.

They look very nice by the way. Green mojo nasty!

Those do look nice and healthy, and big.. I'm not a soil guy but I imagine you would want to be quite gentle if you do transplant them.
I would guess that they would become rootbound if you left them in the 3 gal for another 8 weeks of flower.. but you'll get more input in the next couple hours I'm sure.

getnasty said:
My nearest guess is that the pots theyre in now are 3 gallon bags that I've fenagled out of fabric grocery bags using a little sewing thread, a need, and a little ingenuity. My girls are pretty big right now. 8 weeks into veg, and still not showing sex. Though a buddy of mine says he see's indications of females... dominate indications. He's calling the stipules preflowers, and I do not see them present in some pictures of males, so he may be right, and I'm just a noob. ;) Anyways, I'm wondering if I should consider transplanting the two large plants into full sized fabric grocery bags. I estimate those to be about 5 gallon, maybe 6. If I leave them in their current bags, aren't they going to become rootbound?
most certainly...imo...and prepare for monsters..:eek: they look great!

:rofl:

I was going to sugest a transplant to larger room:stoned:

yes be prepared for some Beasty BAbes:aok:

Thank you for the feedback. Kindly appreciated! Definitely going to transplant them!

4u, unfortunately, this is the only space I have! :O gonna have to look into a little bondage next time around to prevent this from happening! Or flip sooner. ;)

we a learning bro....have fun..learn lots

:48:

Very cool idea on the re-usable grocery bags,

Latest posts

Back