sick plant, no time to brows.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brownthumb

Reaction score
Sorry folks but I only have a short time to be on. I had a flood in basment and during the process of drying it out the soil was saturated form the hummidity, my plant, then the bottom leaves started to dry up and the tops stopped growing for the past two weeks. The plant is 5 months old. Soil, munuar, and mg. soil is dry but not to dry. lighting is floresant and 100 watt grow light also red and blue spectrum lights. Plants are not being dryed by lights. 18 hrs on, 6 off. What should I do for this sick girl.

can you get any pics? There is a good possability that the water flushed your medium of all it's nutrients...but it's hard to say. Good Luck to you!

One thing about manure-if you get it straight out of the bag, it is way too hot.
It has to be composted-learned that hard way after watching tomato plants burn up in a day.
And if the MG soil is time release and got flooded.
What size of pot you using?
:)
Gb

Sorry BT.

Not got time to answer.

You know what its like when your busy and cant stay.

:peace:

I would agree with previous guess that medium was striped of nutes :confused:

too busy to come check if they recieved any answers to the problem...lol

Normally, as I have seen. People who don't have enough time to read up on how to grow this plant, or look for a problem on their own. They normally don't have enough time to grow quality marijuana.

It's hard to diagnose these plants without a picture. You need to take a step back and ask yourself if you have the will to undertake this endeavor. Taking a day to read up on problems with others plants and solutions given by experienced growers will help you LEARN.

If you let the soil dry out completely after the flooding. Just go back to feeding them and watering them as normal. Next time. Get them off the floor so they won't get flooded. They will come back to with proper care from here on out.

Thanks to all who responded, even the cheep shots, I did say sorry right off the bat. I know I didn't supply enough info but the plant was not on the floor, but the soil got wet from drying out the basement. The high humidity moistened the soil to saturation, after that is when the problem occured. Talked to an old friend and suggested changeing the soil with M.G. soil and adding more light. Couldn't find the soil so gave it a warm bath and a shower, changed the lighting to a clear 60w bulb with a little magnifying glass imbedded on the end of the bulb, it looks like a sunset, turned off all the other lights, the plant responded and recovered.

Throw it away. Go buy some dank. Get very stoned and read on how to grow giant stinky nugs....

Brownthumb, the others are right. Why not start over again? Please don't use MG soil. A lot of people use Fox Farm soil. Or, you could get some basic potting soil, but not MG soil.

As for lights, fluorescent and HID lighting are the only acceptable ways of providing good light to your plants (Some use LED lighting, but that's not for beginners).

You need proper water, fertilizer, and a digital pH meter too. These are just some of the basics. Click on the "Resources" link and read all about how to grow.

You must have time and patience to do this. Yes, patience...that's what gardening has forced me to learn. Good luck.

My basement is easily flooded in the spring...it's the only thing that scares me about my grow being down there. But I do have a drain in the floor, and a pump to pump any water into the yard if it leaks. All My wiring is hanging up...nothing on the floor, and the pump can be all plugged in and able to run it outdoors without haveing to step into the water...but I still worry about it. It5's the only place in my house I could set up a grow though.

Latest posts

Back