side lighting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rehab is for Quitters

Reaction score
I'm flowering with fluros and I've read some conflicting info on side lighting. Here is my set up: 4x2 closet grow space with 5 4-ft fixtures across the top (10 T-12 tube lights).

Would my yeild increase if I added some CFLs or tubes on the side?

Imo, not noticeably. It wouldn't hurt a bit though:).

The more lumens you can get into your grow area, the better. You may want to consider buying a HID system for flowering. You can veg your plants with the floros and switch to the HID for flower. I recommed a 400 watt hps for your grow area. That will give you much much better results than those floros for flower. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

Hey thanks guys. In the future I'll get an HID but for now (due to poor ventilation in the grow room) I have to stick to fluros.

Right now my plants are in week 5 of flower and are looking pretty robust. But I know they need more light, so I'm going to get a bunch of cfls and see if I can increase the yield.

Thanks for the responses.

YES the more lumans you have the bigger the yeild I have side cfl lighting on my budding plants that are under Hps and i have noticed the buds buy the cfls have for trich's than the other lower buds.

Rehab is for Quitters said:
I'm flowering with fluros and I've read some conflicting info on side lighting. Here is my set up: 4x2 closet grow space with 5 4-ft fixtures across the top (10 T-12 tube lights).

Would my yeild increase if I added some CFLs or tubes on the side?
i had the same set up once the only thing is that i had 1 more 4 feet fixture on the side and 2 18 inch plant and acuarium for short sides of grow box with very good results and whent all the way with them now the trick is to balance your light theres is 2 kinds of light warm light and cool light i use just cool light one 24/7 stage cuzz of the blue spectrum and a mix of cool a warm on 12/12 stage for blue and red spectrum

Latest posts

Back