Silver Haze

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cass

Reaction score
I am a new grower, and currently have two femenized silver haze kids going outside. I know that conditions must be optimal in order for them to be females, and have taken precautions, other than topping them. Hopefully that wasn't too stressful for them! I shall see. Anyway, if I get lucky with ladies I plan to make clones. The clones will be grown inside under 600wt HPS throughout veg and flower. Have any of you grown Silver Haze?? If so I was curious as to how satisfied you were with the crop. I don't think the yeild is paticularly high with this strain but quality is more important for me. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Cass,
after reading your post I contacted a friend that has grown silver haze and he was very pleased with the quality as well as the yeild, his average was about 4 oz's to a plant and he said the high was pain free !
good luck with your new kids brother, keep us posted on your journey !

I never personally had silver haze but its next on the list. I hear its super. I'll bet your gonna love it. Good luck

Cass said:
I am a new grower, and currently have two femenized silver haze kids going outside. I know that conditions must be optimal in order for them to be females, and have taken precautions, other than topping them. Hopefully that wasn't too stressful for them! I shall see. Anyway, if I get lucky with ladies I plan to make clones. The clones will be grown inside under 600wt HPS throughout veg and flower. Have any of you grown Silver Haze?? If so I was curious as to how satisfied you were with the crop. I don't think the yeild is paticularly high with this strain but quality is more important for me. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Just wondering what part of the world (real general like) you're in because we have to get our plants outside in april and it's july already. I'm in Washington state, maybe that's why :)

Hi Cass, I don't no if this is the strain your taking about but in the Big Book Of Buds Vol 1 theres Super Silver Haze From GreenHouse Seeds here's the description: By Ed Rosenthal

"Originally bred by an obscure figure in Holland marijuana scene, Super Silver haze has risen to become the Tiger Woods of the pot world. First place winner of 3 consecutive High Times Cannabis Cups for the hydro catagory (97,98,99), Super Silver Haze also claimed first prize in the High Times Grand Cup in 1998.

Super Silver combines the stellar genetics of three super plants- the Skunk, Northern Lights and Haze varieties- to deliver an all around good indoor grower. This variety can also be grown outside in the equatorial zone, approximately between 35 degrees latitude North and south. While she is best grown hydroponically, Super Silver Haze has not let her stardom go to her head. She will produce highly resinous and strongly pungent flowers in most indoor growing setups. The colas get pointed on top when mature, and are more open than compact, which makes them harder to manicure but well worth the effort. Sea of green is only recommened for those growers who are masterful at controlling hieght, since the Haze influence gives this strain a tendency to shoot up.

This variety has a complex nose: a combination of the floral haze with the sweetness of the skunk and deep afghani undertones from the Northern Lights. The flavour is pungent and spicey. Super Silver Haze has a buzz that covers the complete spectrum of effects, with full body stone ans esoteric, philosophical attributes, making this highly rewarded pot a stash for all seasons."

Flower Time:56-63 days
Yield: Medium

Sounds tasty!

Phatpharmer:hubba:

SkunkPatronus said:
Just wondering what part of the world (real general like) you're in because we have to get our plants outside in april and it's july already. I'm in Washington state, maybe that's why :)

I'm in Colorado, at 8,600ft. They're only a few weeks old so that's gonna run me into October. The sun shines more than 300 days/yr here so I'm hoping to get a late frost. I have them in 3 gallon pots so I can bring them in at night. Cross your fingers that they finish in time!

Yes Phat I believe it is. They were given to me by a friend who brought them back from Amsterdam. He didn't mention 'Super', and I've read about several different variations but the origins of Skunk, N Lights and Haze are the description I got. Unfortunately I don't live near the equator, by a long shot, but hey......I'm showin'em all the love I have and so far so good!

I have a heavy top hanging right now. Will throw up a pic for you in a few. Stuff smells strong, Heavy trichs and is pretty dense. You will like it. I pulled a bottom nug in week 6 and dryed it, rolled a few ones and went camping (gained weight too). It finished just over 7 weeks. Saw and tried some before I got it from a buddy and he cured it for 2 weeks. One word, Skunky.

Edit:

Thanks for the pic Chef. Looks mighty fine. I'm truly looking forward to seeing this crop through. My buddy who picked up the seeds in Amsterdam didn't seem too pleased with his crop. I think mainly because of the lengthy flower span. Everyone I've talked to otherwise just loves the strain!

Cass said:
I'm in Colorado, at 8,600ft. They're only a few weeks old so that's gonna run me into October. The sun shines more than 300 days/yr here so I'm hoping to get a late frost. I have them in 3 gallon pots so I can bring them in at night. Cross your fingers that they finish in time!

Actually sounds agreeable, i'd like 300 plus days of sun. If you are betting on temp range, not sun allotment, remember that hay is an excellent insulator. Might make a nice 'bed' for them with it and get a few extra days on the end of your year.

Latest posts

Back