simple question about germination

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetSoca

Reaction score
after i germinate my seeds in a wet paper towl and the tap root starts growing out... i know i'm supposed to transport it to a new home. but i'm confused as to what home exactly because i've heard so many suggestions. should i just put the seeds in a small 16oz cup of vermiculite & begin watering it, or does it go in regular pot soil (loam), and should that pot soil have some nutes in it (miracle-gro for example) or will that hurt the seeds? someone please clear this up, i've read like 3 guides and they all suggest slightly different things :huh:

Are you going soil or hydro? Soil Im guessing, so go ahead and plant it taproot down in some good soil. Seedlings should not have any nutes for the first 2 or 3 weeks. Try and stay away from MG products unless you know what your doing. But some people will swear by MG soil, IMO Id stay away. Good luck.

Ditto on the MG soil. Almost Killed some of my plants.

I agree MG soil is crap....

Go with a nute-free sterile soil. I love using 'Black Gold'! Look it up on the internet, its not expensive at all, provides excellent water absorption, and is an awesome medium to use in the future to create your own custom medium to grow in.

You can buy it at most hydro stores, i dont think ive ever seen home depot or lowes ever carry it, but they might depending on your region. It is a general purpose soil used for almost any plants out there!

Nova

MG soil is allright "if you know what your doing", for begginers stay away.
buy sterile soil from your local garden centre/store, then after 3 weeks begin with highly dilluted fert, and build-up to a "normal" dose. MJ seems to be able to take as much fertiliser as you want to give it, as long as it has been built-up bit-by-bit.

Latest posts

Back